Rune Rider Forums banner

Dr. Dave

84K views 170 replies 19 participants last post by  RaRune 
#1 · (Edited)
Dr. Dave's Project

Dr. Dave

What is the status of your mysterious Rune modification?
The last I knew your frame was in Miami.

#69 ·
Body Work

When I first started this project, the goal was to have the lightest weight body work possible.
That did not work out for a variety of reasons, so I have abandoned the super heavy and ponderous looking body work that was done in Miami.
The project is now in the hands of my new fabricator, who has already made aluminum panels to cover the injectors and the rear section.
He is making progress, and I'm going to share with you all his creative process .

#72 ·
These pictures show this week's progress to paper.
Dave,

Are you not using the Rune tank? If not, will you have the fuel pump/filter installed inside the new tank or mount somewhere else?
What is the aluminum cylinder at the rear of the old tank mount?

Looking Good...! I like the rear fender.

Rod

#81 ·
Progress on the tank.
Is your tank guy using an English Wheel (is that the correct name?) to shape the steel?

Making a tank like that is an art... Dave, isn't it great when you find someone that can do things like that?

Especially when you need it...!

#82 ·
Ra Rune;Is your tank guy using an English Wheel (is that the correct name?) to shape the steel?
Making a tank like that is an art... Dave, isn't it great when you find someone that can do things like that?
Especially when you need it...!
He does use an English Wheel, among other tools. As you can tell, he's very particular and meticulous! All of the body parts are being crafted from aluminum.

#92 ·
Yikes PIPES . . . . . . Did you see the size of those pipes . . . . .bet you'll need ear plugs and ear muff's for those!! and what about those tickets??? So much fun . . . whish I was there to hear it light up . . . . the first Honda fours we're so loud that even on super long/big road race circuts, they could be hurd shifting all the way around the track, and some of those tracks were over two miles around!! and that was just 250cc!!! awsume!!!!!!

Jack

#93 · (Edited)
Thanks Jack, I worked alongside a master craftsman with an awesome pipe bender, for many hours, building them. The pipes turned out to be quite complex; it's a real wrestling match to remove and reinstall them. I am anxious to hear the symphony!
Here are the latest tank pics showing the recess and filler cap install.

Attachments

This post has been deleted