Rune Rider Forums banner

Dr. Dave

84K views 170 replies 19 participants last post by  RaRune 
#1 · (Edited)
Dr. Dave's Project

Dr. Dave

What is the status of your mysterious Rune modification?
The last I knew your frame was in Miami.

#31 ·
SiteData;
Dr. Dave it is clear you are doing a magnificent job, and I’m proud of you. However I’d like to point out it took less tine for the Egyptians to build the pyramids.
I have heard that you actually worked on the pyramids in your youth!! :duck: My project could go a lot faster if you would just send me one of your PLATINUM cards.

#34 ·
Update time

My bike has been at Perpetual Motion here in Steamboat Springs since February 1, 2015. Kevin, the owner, is a very gifted fabricator. The first pic shows the bike with the bodywork in place, including a set of Joly's side covers . The next pics show the covers Kevin made up out of aluminum. They will be sent off for chroming.

Attachments

#37 ·
That is looking real good Dave. I like the custom cowling... but what are you doing for a radiator?
You've got to make a video with sound when you fire that puppy up.

I'd love to be there in person to hear it...

-Rod

#54 ·
jumpin' Jack;
I'm confuuzzed! Last year's pictures showed a finished fender, was that not the final fender?

And how about those exuast stacks? you building this machine to run Pike's Peak? or just a bar runner between police shifts??

I'm sure curious to see your next photo's
Jack

As Chuck points out: this project has taken a long time to get here. A big part of the blame goes to a builder who promised me he would get the rear wheel conversion done in 6 to 8 weeks. He ended up keeping my bike for 2 YEARS, 4 MONTHS, and 10 DAYS!!
When it finally WAS returned to me; it was unrideable and unsafe. Kevin (builder), Dale (machinist), and myself, re-engineered and remade the rear wheel attachment among other things.
The rear fender was one of those things. After spending much time and money we decided to abandon the body work as unusable.
The paint looks good though! A clear case of all show-no go!
In the meantime I had installed chrome side covers (Joly), and Kevin fabricated a dashboard, and injector covers, as well as rear panels. We have decided to build a new much smaller and lighter tank, as well as a new lighter and smaller rear section. I'm just about at the point of sharing some photos.