Rune Rider Forums banner

Dr. Dave

84K views 170 replies 19 participants last post by  RaRune 
#1 · (Edited)
Dr. Dave's Project

Dr. Dave

What is the status of your mysterious Rune modification?
The last I knew your frame was in Miami.

#97 ·
Dave, I’m really impressed with the fabricator’s work overall and especially the tank. Wish I’d known about his talents when my radial engine bike’s tank was made. Suberb!!

-Ollie

#99 · (Edited)
Afghanpilot;Dave, I’m really impressed with the fabricator’s work overall and especially the tank. Wish I’d known about his talents when my radial engine bike’s tank was made. Suberb!!
-Ollie
Thanks to all who have commented.
I just talked with my fabricator, and he shared some incredible info: The 1st builder's tank weighs 18 lbs., the new tank weighs 5 lbs., resulting in a 13 lb. reduction. The 1st builder's rear section weighs 15 lbs,. The new rear section just 2 lbs., 13 lb. lost there as well.
Total weight reduction is a whopping 26 lbs of ugly fat!!!

#100 · (Edited)
Thanks to all who have commented.
I just talked with my fabricator, and he shared some incredible info: The 1st builder's tank weighs 18 lbs............new tank weighs 5 lbs...13 lb. reduction
The 1st builder's rear section weighs 15 lbs.....new rear section just 2 lbs....13 lb. lost

Total weight reduction is a whopping 26 lbs of ugly fat!!!

WOW, that is amazing,for just on those 2 items! Keep 'em coming,can't wait to see the finished product!
Rich K ( RuneSki )
Too Bad he doesn't work on Rodents !

#108 ·
Now I've been wondering about those drag pipes and then I watched the drags ans realized I already named them for what I thought they were! Then today after taking another look at the latest pictures and realized that those monster stacks are offset, which as many of us have realized in the past that the sides are in fact offset!

So I have to ask, is that your intention, to run this hot rod on the track? either straight or on a road course? and as for the offset, was it an oversight, or just an unneccessory adjustment?

Have fun either way!!

Jack

Put gel foam with a layer of dense 1/2 in on top of that. you will be surprised how well that 1" will work for you..

#109 ·
My original intent was to drag race it. The cylinder offset that creates the exhaust pipe offset is almost impossible to mitigate.
The configuration of the swing arm, and the final drive, and their relationship to the frame are the major factors. A more practical exhaust would be 3 into 1 with a short turned out fat tip.

#124 ·
Thank you all for the kind comments. I started this build with the intention of drag racing. I'm not sure if I want to do that anymore.
I have recorded a video, but have no idea how to share it.
Sooo.........This drag racing you speak of.
Is this a therapy you offer?
Extreme Acceleration Decompression
or is it called
Adrenalin Rush Blood Circulation

Just asking, as I have great insurance and have met all deductibles and co-pays for this year, so.......
:coffee1: