Has anyone installed Rivco Risers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone installed Rivco Risers?

Default Has anyone installed Rivco Risers?

I was notified today that the spinner and hub I ordered was ready to ship and that I could save shipping costs by adding in risers or another Rune accessory....so I'm giving it thought. Any suggestions on the risers? pro or con? Many Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Best mod I've done with the bike so far for comfort. Simple to install and looks like it came from the factory that way. Good luck with your decision. Risers got my vote!
    Drunk people run stop signs, high people wait for them to turn Green.

Default Has anyone installed Rivco Risers?

I have the Rivco Risers installed and like them a lot! Much better seating position and less lower back strain. I highly recommend to anyone!
    KYRUNE
    KY Rune

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

I installed the Risers right after I got back from Tenn. I have not made any real long trips after installing them. But I noticed
    right away I was sitting more upright. I also noticed the pain in the left side of the neck is gone. Wether that cured that problem ,
    I don't know.

I like them. They look professional. I have a 200 mile ride the end of January. Will update again

Note; If you do get them just make sure if you pull the instrument cluster out, make sure it is reinstalled prior to installing the Risers. You cannot install it once Riser is mounted.

I pulled it out to see where the clutch and throttle cables was going thru the clamp. In fact I lossened the clamp before pulling on the clutch cable.

Tony just pulled on the cables to get more slack. I wanted to see what was going on.

1COOLMC
    Last edited by 1COOLMC; 01-15-2013 at 10:31 AM.

I installed a set of the Rivco risers and love the results. Almost no hand numbness, better arm angle, much better seat comfort. I can now ride 200 miles with out any real fatigue. As I said the seat comfort is great whether my feet are on the stock pegs or Rivco Spider pegs. They were much easier to install than I had thought they would be. Of the add-ons that I have installed ... THE BEST PURCHASE THAT I HAVE MADE.
    Last edited by RuneLoon; 01-15-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Revco to Rivco

+ 6 !!

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts)

Same for me; those risers are the Cat's meow. Look great, comfortable, easy to install, and the price is right; what's not to like. Has to be one of the best Mods ever produced for that bike.
    Stress is self induced-Cure; ride a Rune

I bought the risers on the first run out of the factory . Comes with all the parts you need to do the install .No custom cables or welding or cutting needed . People on here say they have issuses there are none what so ever . and it won't cost $500 to install . It only takes 2.5 hours , they look great and I have over 3000 miles on these and now the bike is as comfortable as can be . For the money there is no other option ..... I also have the stock pullback bars installed from Honda . Thanks Tony for developing these for all the short armed riders ........ happy new year to all .....

Default Risers

I have had two Runes, and risers on both. Bottom line, more comfort! And if you are near Washington State, I will come help you install them for a price....hehe. They are easy to install, and there are enough of us to assist in helping too.

Thank You all for taking the time to offer your help and share your opinions. You have no idea how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge we have on tap here!!! Many Thanks Again!!!!

After reading everyone's satisfaction with the risers, I ordered a set yeaterday. Just wondering if you discovered any issues with the installation per the rivco instructions...any installation tips to offer?

Thanks

It can be done with one person, but a lot easier if you have a second pair of hands holding the bars up while installing risers. I did it with no problems, when Honda Bob did his I gave him a little help holding the stock handle bars while he slipped the new risers under them. Tanks to expensive to fix if you have a little "boo Boo" Just make sure you cover the tank with plenty of thick towels. It will be one of the top mods you can do for your Rune. Couple of others are going to the "DarkSide", a Breakaway Cruise Control, an attached liftplate, and something I think looks cool, shaved turn signals on rear fender, I finally sent my spare fender out today to have it filled in and repainted, be done in less than two weeks. Also love my Corbin Rumble seat, anyway what ever suits your fancy, "get her done" it's all most time to ride.

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tom View Post
    After reading everyone's satisfaction with the risers, I ordered a set yeaterday. Just wondering if you discovered any issues with the installation per the rivco instructions...any installation tips to offer?

Thanks
    Those directions are spot on. I did mine myself and set a towel on the front fender and put the handle bars on the towel while I installed the risers. When I did mine, I went ahead and put in a new air filter at the same time being the handle bars were already out of the way. Grumpy is correct; easier if one holds the bars for you. It took me three hours the first time, however, I have seen Tony do it in 45 minutes.....or course he has personally installed about 25 of those things. Carefully read the directions regarding the brake line. I ended up getting air in them and had to bleed the entire system which was an additional 30 minutes of unnecessary time spent. No need to pull very hard on the headlight wires as you may not even need any more slack. Gently work the wires and if you get 1/2 inch of additional wire; that/'s plenty. Of course, start with a near empty gas tank; lots easier that way. Good luck; not that hard if you READ THE DIRECTIONS.
    Stress is self induced-Cure; ride a Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tom View Post
    After reading everyone's satisfaction with the risers, I ordered a set yeaterday.
    Tom after reading this whole thread I will also be ordering my set on monday.Sounds like a terrific mod. thanks to all

Default Thanks

Thanks to all...just waiting on them to arrive now

Default late to the party, but...

I ordered a set of the Rivco risers over two years ago, and only recently installed them. The best excuse I can muster for the delay is being fearful of getting brake fluid on my paint. Frankly, Rune ownership was way above my pay grade at the time I acquired the bike, but the CenTex VRCC guys I ride with got me past that .

Installation went well... Didn't much like the idea of "quickly" removing the brake line and trying to block the hole in the handlebar-mounted master cylinder while frantically trying to bolt the new brake line into place, so I did the following:

(1) Locate a syringe of at least 3cc capacity: needle neither needed nor appropriate.
    (2) Level the master cylinder, remove the cover, and use the syringe to remove as much of the brake fluid as possible from the reservoir.
    (3) With towels covering everything that can't tolerate spilled brake fluid, remove the top hose connection first and tip the connector away from the bike where it can drain brake fluid into a suitable container.
    (4) Finally, remove the lower connection.

Traditional brake bleeding method is the only one I trust after a half century of watching trained mechanics screw up and put my life at risk. Just get a helper and do it: it's not difficult. You can minimize the possibility of getting brake fluid on things by finding an appropriately sized piece of clear tubing to put over the bleeder valve. Emphasis on the tubing being clear: you want to see the air bubbles or lack of same .

LOVE the risers!!!

I installed risers first, than changed the brake cable, vary little loss of fluid and hardly any air in line. One of the best things I've change on my Rune.

Smile Better late than never!

I ordered the risers yesterday. Been ridding this bike since 2004 all humped over in a "crouch rocket" like position. I hope these will allow me to sit more vertical and add comfort to the experience.

I really enjoyed all of the notes listed here in this thread. Great input.

Now if I can just find some road pegs to maybe mount on the engine guards.
    Last edited by RuneMan; 02-18-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneMan View Post
    I ordered the risers yesterday. Been ridding this bike since 2004 all humped over in a "crouch rocket" like position. I hope these will allow me to sit more vertical and add comfort to the experience.

I really enjoyed all of the notes listed here in this thread. Great input.

Now if I can just find some road pegs to maybe mount on the engine guards.
    Wow Wayne, i didn't know you were still around! I thought you had sold your Rune. Glad to see i was wrong!

....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile

DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by

STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE

Default one negative thing

only negative is that you can no longer tilt up the fuel tank to service the air filter