Has anyone installed Rivco Risers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone installed Rivco Risers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    only negative is that you can no longer tilt up the fuel tank to service the air filter
    I beg to differ....If you remove the fuel cap and plastic from the top of the fuel tank, turn the handle bars all the way to the right you CAN remove the tank without having to mess with the Rivco risers it just takes a little twist and turn to get the tank off.
    I was told it could not be done too, but I have installed two set of Rivco risers and on both Runes I have removed the fuel tank for air filter service without having to mess with the Rivco risers simply by removing the fuel cap and plastic bezel and turning the handle bars.
    If your bike leaves you, let it go.
    If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

DFW-Texas.............. ...It's a whole other country.

Quote Originally Posted by runerider1 View Post
    I beg to differ....If you remove the fuel cap and plastic from the top of the fuel tank, turn the handle bars all the way to the right you CAN remove the tank without having to mess with the Rivco risers it just takes a little twist and turn to get the tank off.
    I was told it could not be done too, but I have installed two set of Rivco risers and on both Runes I have removed the fuel tank for air filter service without having to mess with the Rivco risers simply by removing the fuel cap and plastic bezel and turning the handle bars.
    Not differing with your method... just questioning what parts need removal... The plastic you refer on top of the tank is made of chrome plated metal on my Rune and it also contains the speedo/odo unit... Is this the parts you refer to?

I guess if the Honda Factory Service Manual instructs one to perform a procedure in a certain way, and that person has aftermarket parts installed which preclude performing the procedure in the accepted way, that person must come up with some other way to get to the parts needing service...
    All this says is, if you can't do something in the accepted way, it's not that everyone else is wrong... it's only that you're different once or maybe twice...Ha
    'Ra Rune'

*(It's OK to talk to yourself... it's even OK to answer yourself... but, if you ever catch yourself saying, "Huh??? What??? Que???")

Quote Originally Posted by Ra Rune View Post
    Not differing with your method... just questioning what parts need removal... The plastic you refer on top of the tank is made of chrome plated metal on my Rune and it also contains the speedo/odo unit... Is this the parts you refer to?

I guess if the Honda Factory Service Manual instructs one to perform a procedure in a certain way, and that person has aftermarket parts installed which preclude performing the procedure in the accepted way, that person must come up with some other way to get to the parts needing service...
    All this says is, if you can't do something in the accepted way, it's not that everyone else is wrong... it's only that you're different once or maybe twice...Ha
    I stand corrected it is metal not plastic and yes the speedo/odo unit housing #21 if removed after removing the fuel cap #19 and turning the bars to the right you can remove the fuel tank without removing or messing with the Rivco risers.
    If your bike leaves you, let it go.
    If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Dallas was referring to TILTING THE TANK UP, in order to access the air filter. After installing the risers, you have to REMOVE the tank by removing the bolts out of it's hinged rear mounting bracket, rather than simply tilting it up after removing only the two screws securing the front.

The real trick is remembering to use most of the fuel out of the tank before trying to access anything under that tank........as lifting 6+ gallons of fuel & the tank up & out of our Runes can be a bit tricky w/o marring any paint.

I wish that I had known this several air filter changes ago.
    Next time I will try your method.

1COOLMC

Quote Originally Posted by MO Rune Rider View Post
    Dallas was referring to TILTING THE TANK UP, in order to access the air filter. After installing the risers, you have to REMOVE the tank by removing the bolts out of it's hinged rear mounting bracket, rather than simply tilting it up after removing only the two screws securing the front.

The real trick is remembering to use most of the fuel out of the tank before trying to access anything under that tank........as lifting 6+ gallons of fuel & the tank up & out of our Runes can be a bit tricky w/o marring any paint.
    Thanks MO, so that I did not have to rebut what I said. hahaha
    !!!

Smoking Keyboard Member Rune Giant's Avatar

Posting here as well as on the thread I started about Handlebar risers in case I don’t get a response there. I went to install these yesterday and hit a couple snags.
    One, I tried the method of removing the brake fluid then the cable. I put the new one on, replaced the fluid, then went to bleed the brake. First on the left side, squeezed the brake handle, opened the bleeder, a little came out, closed it, released the handle and repeated, pretty soon no fluid was coming out. Tried 15 times at least. So I switched sides. Same routine, nothing. So I removed the top cable at the top, very little liquid came out- just a few drips. I then took out all the fluid from the reservoir, put in new, and tried again- this time not connecting the bottom of the line, and while wearing rubber gloves, held my thumb and index finger over both openings to force pressure into the line, and was able to get a good squirt of brake fluid, and now it was flowing good.
    So I hooked up the bottom connector, which was hard since it was now not only slippery, but being longer, it’d fight trying to get into place. Nevertheless I got it attached and tightened down. However, still no luck bleeding the brakes. So decided to move on, and easily got about an inch of wire slack at the headlight. But there was no way I could get the throttle cables and clutch to even budge AT ALL. So I removed the tank plate to see if I could get better access, and you can, but still no luck. Is the trick in removing that thing that holds the cables tight to the frame, or just loosening it? And if so, how do I even get a socket in there?
    It got late, I was tired, and put the bike away for the night.
    Going to try and tackle it today.

Default Anyone have risers?

Anyone know of a set of these risers out there available ? Been trying to find a set for a while now.
    2004 CBC Honda Rune
    2006 "Passion Red" Kawasaki ZX-14
    2010 Can Am Outlander 800 MAX LTD (red of course)
    1994 Black/Purple Suzuki RF900R (sold)

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done" - Longfellow