Rune Rider Forums banner

E85

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RedValk 
#1 ·
Well, here goes...I know Honda recommends a minimum of 91 octane...I use 93. Has anyone taken it up a notch and gone E85? I would think the ECU would need to be remapped (or not?).

Any attempts? Anyone? :twisted:

#4 ·
Hi Runic...
For a short explanation of fuel octane and the correct use thereof, please see the article: 'The Real Impact of Using Wrong Fuel Octane' at the website below...

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-real-impact-of-using-wrong-fuel-octane-1785829176

It's by an Advanced Engine Development Engineer at Ford Motor Company... I thought this article explains in easy terms what can happen...

So, instead of using higher octane than recommended... Just use 91 octane, and take the money that you would have spent and send it to Jim and Shala - 'MoRuneRider'
to help pay for the expenses of next years Rune Rally... Heck, maybe we all can have a great time on your nickel...LOL

Happy reading...

#5 ·
Thanks Ra Rune, I'll check it out. However, here are the octane levels where I fill up:

Regular = 87
Midgrade = 89
Premium = 93

There is no 91 octane (where I fill up anyway).

So I figured to go above with 93 as opposed to 89, which would be below the recommended octane level.

#9 ·
if we did do something next year....and IF...it was in Eureka again, you're gonna' have to find me some alternative way to get into town with my truck and trailer. Almost had the bikes go down in the trailer twice....going down that way to the south to get to the interstate. That road that you said wasn't "too bad".....was TOO BAD for a truck and trailer with bikes on it! Luckily i stopped both times I saw a bike start leaning and moving excessively....finding some little pull over on the side of the VERY curvy road.....checked straps....and found I'd lost a strap....not once....but TWICE. the switchbacks are a bit much for a trailer. I suppose if i held up traffic and went like 10 mph it would have been ok? of course, that would have taken HOURS....as it was like 70 or more miles down that road!

anyway, I won't go that way again (hauling a trailer, it would be GREAT on a bike!). So I'd have to have an alternate way to get there from I-40 without taking 23 or whatever that road was! is there some other way? Personally....I can also hear having it in a new location.....again.............

Maybe someone else volunteers a location that works and we go there? Maggie Valley, NC? Knoxville, TN area (not IN the city...but that area of the Smokie Mountains)? Other possibilities?

if not, find me another way in than 23 (i think that's the hiway number that connects from I-40 to Eureka from the South?). I can't/won't do that one again with a trailer! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.