lifting plate

Thread: lifting plate

Default lifting plate

I appreciate if any of the Rune community can pass me measurements and design of a lifting plate.
    Every time I raise the "beast" I tremble just thinking of a fall.
    I am from Argentina and it is very difficult to import it. Thank you very much Daniel

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Lift Plate

I have two of them available if you want them. The original "yellow" temporary lift plate that you install when you lift the bike and remove when you are finished and another style of plate that was designed to install and leave on the bike. (so it also acts as a "skid plate" or a "belly pan") I would let the yellow one go for $50 and the other one for $75. Plus the shipping cost. I know you said that shipping anything was an issue for you, but I thought I would make the offer. Best of luck to you.

Default Lift Plate .

I am interested in buying;
    Lift Plate another style of plate that was designed to install and leave on the bike. (so it also acts as a "skid plate" or a "belly pan")
    Shipping to 60616 Chicago.
    Thank you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. I could pass some images to both plates here or my email: [email protected]
    Thank you very much. Daniel

I am interested in either lift plate that you have...i can be reached at... [email protected] ... shipped to 62269, Scott Air Force Base.

Default Liftplate

Quote Originally Posted by ROSKO View Post
    I am interested in either lift plate that you have...i can be reached at... [email protected] ... shipped to 62269, Scott Air Force Base.
    I have an extra lift plate you can have if you want to pay for shipping. I live in Lutz, Fl 33548.

Kevin

Default Lift plate availability?

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    I have two of them available if you want them. The original "yellow" temporary lift plate that you install when you lift the bike and remove when you are finished and another style of plate that was designed to install and leave on the bike. (so it also acts as a "skid plate" or a "belly pan") I would let the yellow one go for $50 and the other one for $75. Plus the shipping cost. I know you said that shipping anything was an issue for you, but I thought I would make the offer. Best of luck to you.
    NHS, I read the latest conversation stream on skid plate availability and simply cannot tell if you have committed to and consummated a deal for the two you offered up? I too am in need of one so if you could set me straight, I'd appreciate it and I don't want to intrude into anything you've already committed to. Thanks much and please advise.

Default Skid Plate Availability

Quote Originally Posted by Kmayeski View Post
    I have an extra lift plate you can have if you want to pay for shipping. I live in Lutz, Fl 33548.

Kevin

Kevin, same reply I sent to NHS on skid plates..... I read the latest conversation stream on skid plate availability and simply cannot tell if you have committed to and consummated a deal for the one you offered up? I too am in need of one so if you could set me straight, I'd appreciate it and I don't want to intrude into anything you've already committed to. Thanks much and please advise.

Kevin, definitely need it, thx...sent you a message.

Infrequent Poster (

Default Also in Florida looking for lift plate

Quote Originally Posted by Kmayeski View Post

Kevin
    I am in Florida also, interested in that lift plate if you still have it! Angie

Infrequent Poster (

Default Probably too late...

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post

I would really love to buy the one that is left on the bike, shipping is no problem, please let me know if you have already sold it! Angie

Infrequent Poster (

Default New Yellow lift adapters available

I have made contact with Jeff, the guy who used to make the yellow lift adapters. He is willing to make some for whoever wants to order them. His email address is [email protected] and he is asking $149 with shipping included. I’m ordering one!

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts)

I unbolted Jeff's yellow lift adapter. flipped the front and back over, and painted it gloss black! used some allthred rod and now the adapter is bolted to my Rune, and you would have to know what you're looking for before you would notice it! and now I don't have any problems with shops trying to figure how to lift the beast! Of course they still don't want to listen how to change the rear, or front tire easy. So I just have to wait until their done before I can chew them out for greasy fingerprints all over my bike!!

Jack
    Last edited by jumpin' Jack; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:21 PM.

Pics?

Infrequent Poster (

Default Please show a picture or a few of them!

Are you saying that you figured a configuration that lets you ride with Jeff's plate attached?

Quote Originally Posted by washo7 View Post
    Are you saying that you figured a configuration that lets you ride with Jeff's plate attached?
    I had at one time had both the yellow and the one Tony sold. No way I would leave the yellow one attached when riding the bike because of limited ground clearance. The skid plate
    never has to be removed.

1COOLMC

I've told this story before several times, but it bears repeating: There once was a gentleman (Tigerpaws I believe) who had one of those skid plates attached permanently to his Rune....while at the Rune Rally in Erwin....he went to load his bike on his trailer to depart the Rally....the skid plate on the bottom of the bike hit the trailer (where the gate and floor meet)....and....cracked the block of his Rune. It was a sad sight to say the least.

Me personally....and I'm repeating myself on this too....I would do NOTHING that reduces the ground clearance of an already "somewhat low clearance" Rune. But that's just me....I also don't run car tires on the rear, back tires on the front.....Evans coolant.....and a host of other things that others do And likewise, there are no doubt many things I DO (like trailering my bike, so clearance MATTERS!)...that others probably wouldn't

But again, ground clearance is too precious to me............

....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile

DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by

STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE

Question Pictures would help, as has already been stated

Quote Originally Posted by jumpin' Jack View Post
    I unbolted Jeff's yellow lift adapter. flipped the front and back over, and painted it gloss black! used some allthred rod and now the adapter is bolted to my Rune, and you would have to know what you're looking for before you would notice it! and now I don't have any problems with shops trying to figure how to lift the beast! Of course they still don't want to listen how to change the rear, or front tire easy. So I just have to wait until their done before I can chew them out for greasy fingerprints all over my bike!!

Jack
    1. If you flip the front part and attach Jeff's/Matt's adapter to your Rune, does it not block the oil drain plug? (Maybe I'm missing something or not understanding correctly what you posted)?

2. How do you change the FRONT tire easy?

For me if a shop while I'm on the road has a problem with supporting or lifting the Rune from under, I just have them use the points stated in the S/M and lift from over head.
    Attached Images Attached Images