Rune Rider Forums banner

what a summer.............

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MO Rune Rider 
#1 ·
record heat.....still going on into OCTOBER.....with day after day after day....after week....of high 90s and 100s. And NO RAIN......no rain for weeks on end. We're in extreme drought....ponds are half way down. We need rain, and some non 100 degree weather!

Shots in my L5-S1 (3 of em') now have it to where i can ride again! So I went from October LAST year.....until sometime in the Spring this year.....without riding.....as I simply couldn't due to severe pain in back, left leg and foot. Hope that's behind me for good............

Then several weeks ago....32 year old son-in-law suffered a SCAD....Sudden Coronary Arterial Dissection. In other words, while jack hammering in extreme heat (more of that 100 degree stuff we're livin' in every day down here in the South)....his main artery EXPLODED from within the inside...which blocked blood to the heart....which caused his heart to stop. Co-workers noticed he had fallen to the ground and was turning blue. Checked him....no pulse.....started CPR. He works for the city of Parker, FL.....hard hit by the hurricane last year. Crew with him had radios with direct contact with EMT, Chief of Police, Hospital. They radioed the situation, and an ambulance was there literally in minutes. Shocked him with the paddles 3 times. Got a heartbeat, but never regained conscience. So they induced a medical comma....and lowered body temp below 90. Days later, they started bringing him out of it. It was slow going....like almost two weeks....and he got pretty bad pneumonia (Probably due to that darn breathing machine?). But he finally recovered enough to come out of ICU....and then a week later....released to go home! I saw him for the first time last weekend. It's really kind of a miracle he survived.

and of course, I got to see my new Grandchild again that same weekend (4 months old)

so it's been quite the summer. Well, it's STILL quite the summer here.....very hot and dry. But the calendar says Fall? If it ever cools off some, I plan on riding one of the bikes to work. Oh, at my new job I started in May. So, not much vacation to use again for some time....

I've ridden the Runes about every other weekend all summer.....but never far....due to back issues and extreme heat. And now....................................it's Rune related..............:mrgreen: ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to see you're feeling better and able to exercise some of your two-wheeled fleet. Sorry about your weather related issues - it's due to rain here again this evening, and this area is about 18" of rainfall ahead of our average for this time of year. :rain1::rain1::rain1::rain1::rain1: It's supposed to be in the upper 30's with our first frost either tonight or tomorrow night!

It's good to see your SOL made it out the other side of his life-threatening ordeal too. Yikes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.