Can anyone help a Scottish Runerider get parts from the US?

Thread: Can anyone help a Scottish Runerider get parts from the US?

Default Can anyone help a Scottish Runerider get parts from the US?

I know this could be argued as being against the law but only by someone being technically pedantic..... my beloved Rune needs a new ECM and hence two new ignition keys and I can only get them from the US. Being an upright company, and apparently the only source for these things, Partzilla is obliged to show the value of these parts on a Customs declaration on their packages which means I will get clobbered with 20% import duty plus handling charges making a $341 base cost turn into a $500 deal!

If someone would be kind enough, and honest enough, to accept delivery in the US and then post the package to me with an "alternative, but not ludicrous" value shown on the customs slip and describing the contents as a "gift", it could save me a lot of money...a small bonus after a ruined biking summer. I'll happily pay for the shipping cost and your time (within reason ;o) )

Thanks everyone!
    Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Afghanpilot's Avatar
    Birmingham, AL. No more Afghanistan!! Yeaa!!!!

Doug, I may be able to ship from Ireland as an alternative. PM sent.

-Ollie
    I'd much rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air than being in the air wishing I was on the ground.

2004' CBC #585
    Lucky 7 Radial Bike- www.jrlcycles.com
    https://www.combatvet.us

Quote Originally Posted by RUNE517 View Post
    ? Rune back on the road yet?
    Not yet, it's turning into a saga. Afghanpilot has been amazing and helped me get the ECU and keys without heavy duties etc, now I have to figure out how to get the ECU out of the bike!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Jersey Boy

Quote Originally Posted by totaldoug View Post
    Not yet, it's turning into a saga. Afghanpilot has been amazing and helped me get the ECU and keys without heavy duties etc, now I have to figure out how to get the ECU out of the bike!
    Well, that's good ole Ollie !!
    Rich