headlight relay problems

Thread: headlight relay problems

Default headlight relay problems

I ask if someone has repaired the light relay (high / low). Or if you have to change what the code is and if it is compatible with Goldwing. I have the problem that it does not turn on the high or low light or the blue indicator on the board. Thank you very much Daniel from Argentina

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

The handlebar switches I disassembled and cleaned. But the 12 volt does not reach the light switch. The fuse is fine. They do not light high or low. Neither high blue light indicator. It seems to me that the only option is the relay

The problem of intermittent lighting of the lights (high / low and blue board indicator) started intermittently and then more and more often. Now the lights are almost always disconnected and it is more on some occasions when it is switched on it goes out when passing through a pothole or well. Thanks for the interest. Daniel

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

I think I'm going to control the light relay. If anyone has experience in disassembling the fuel tank I appreciate advice. Thank you very much Danie

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts)

rolling up the tank is not a hard problem as the tail is the hinge point. May I assume you have not yet acquired a repair manual! In there it will show you to start with removeing the instrument panel, then look down into the hole and find the 2 bolts holding down the front of the tank. once they are removed you simply pull up the front and find a large screwdriver to use to prop up the tank while you go after your wiring problem! I went fron the bolt hole top to bottom with the screwdriver and secure, so you don't drop the tank on yourself and dent the edge. HINT a near empty tank helps here!
    email [email protected] for faster conversations, and I have the book and will start reading up in the morning!!

Jack

In the end the problem is in the power switch. When the vehicle is in operation and the headlight does not start, simply press and release the start button and then turn on the light (high / low). I will have to disassemble and clean the right switch. Thank you very much for your interest. Danie

Quote Originally Posted by Taquela Danieo View Post
    The handlebar switches I disassembled and cleaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taquela Danieo View Post
    In the end the problem is in the power switch. When the vehicle is in operation and the headlight does not start, simply press and release the start button and then turn on the light (high / low). I will have to disassemble and clean the right switch. Thank you very much for your interest. Danie

? cleaning the switches was one of the first things posted (post now deleted) to solve your problem and you stated you had done that...……..?

the handlebar switches causing problems is well noted and documented on this forum and at one time instructions and pictures were on here to help with that problem...…..seeing the headlight goes out when the starter button is pushed when you go to start up the Rune a possible problem in there is easy to understand

If it is correct, I disassembled and cleaned the left switch (high / low light) and checked the wiring from the handlebar to the headlight. But I never thought that the right starter switch could influence the flashing of the main lights. I discovered it accidentally. Anyway thank you very much everyone. Daniel from Argentina