Does anyone know how the hell you remove an ECU from its impenetrable position?

Thread: Does anyone know how the hell you remove an ECU from its impenetrable position?

Default Does anyone know how the hell you remove an ECU from its impenetrable position?

I thought getting a new ECU and keys from the States was the hard part, in reality, winkling the old ECU out of its impossibly inaccessible position strikes me as ...well....impossible. Any suggestions anyone?
    Thanks
    Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by totaldoug View Post
    I thought getting a new ECU and keys from the States was the hard part, in reality, winkling the old ECU out of its impossibly inaccessible position strikes me as ...well....impossible. Any suggestions anyone?
    Thanks
    Doug
    lift the tank and hold it up with a 2x4 block, Getting it unplugged is tuff. Get you wifes small hands in there. Thats what I did.

I took out the battery too. Then you can unbolt it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Ya that will work tooo. Lol

Default Removing an ECU

Thanks buddy, it never occurred to me to pull the ECU in its box backwards from under the tank rather than try to get it out forwards....A little expertise can take you a long way, I might finally get my IB beauty running again without having to be ripped off by the local dealer!
    Cheers
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by BC Rune View Post
    I took out the battery too. Then you can unbolt it.

Since its all apart use some Dielectric*grease on the connections when you reassemble.

Since its all apart use some Dielectric*grease on the connections when you reassemble.
    Annoyingly, having managed to get the old ECU out and a new one plugged in, I can't get the damn thing to pair with my new key....lights come on but no-one's home in the fuel pump department! Whether I need to pair it with two keys or whether there's a fault in the new ECU is anyone's guess..... Just when I thought I was winning!

Quote Originally Posted by totaldoug View Post
    Annoyingly, having managed to get the old ECU out and a new one plugged in, I can't get the damn thing to pair with my new key....lights come on but no-one's home in the fuel pump department! Whether I need to pair it with two keys or whether there's a fault in the new ECU is anyone's guess..... Just when I thought I was winning!
    The first time I tried it didn't work. Just go through the sets in the manual again you probably missed a step.

The first time I tried it didn't work. Just go through the sets in the manual again you probably missed a step.
    As you might guess,i am no further forward and also not regular at checking this site! To which steps are you referring in the manual? I can't find a procedure for pairing keys to new ECU's.
    Thanks

Ah, think i just found it on page 21-6....thanks bud.
    Doug