Rune Rider Forums banner

Selling My Runes

8K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  runeriderscraig 
#1 ·
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing...E+RUNE-5011416406/?cmp=email_cycle_paa_posted

$29,000 Price for BOTH my Runes. Both are CBC. One includes custom rack, which was designed/manufactured/mounted in such a way that the bike can go back to original condition if rack removed (no holes added). Have an second uninstalled rack. Have a new in box front fender. Have lots of other stuff. original seat, luggage and more. Happy to cooperate with any serious buyer for more pictures/inspection/riding/transport. Willing to explain why i am selling to any serious buyer. It looks like the pictures appear in order of Rune1 and Rune2. Should be nine of each plus two extras.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Do you still have this rack? I am very interested and would love to see/learn more about it, especially if it doesn't damage the fender to use. Please PM me with whatever parts you have left. Thank you

#10 ·
Sorry for the slow response. At this time i am inclined to try and sell my bike and all accessories as one package (extra seat, fender, rack, skid plate, etc.) but that could change in the future.
I am including some pictures and a description of the rack process.
The first thing i did was make concept samples out of chrome spray painted foam and aluminum foil wrapped cardboard. Actually hired a local collage art student to make the foam pieces. I made several redesigns to get the correct look and functionality. I then electronically sent my hand drawings and dimensioned pictures to some engineer in Norway from a website and he made me CAD files. Then i sent the CAD files to China and the parts were machined from solid steel and then chrome plated before being sent to me. The frame and fender attach with four bolts shown in the pictures. I bought longer bolts and attach the frame and fender in the same way with a transition pieces between the two. The downward connectors on the rack bolt into the transition pieces on each side through the same holes that the brake lights used to connect through. I replaced the brake lights with small USDT approved brake lights which bolt to the underside of the rack. I did not want to reattach the original brake lights as that would require adding holes to the fender. The rack also has an adjustable L-shaped chrome plated steel loop for securing things but that is not shown in the pictures.
I designed and made the rack so i could take a 3,500+ mile trip. I had double upright bags plus saddlebags and never had any troubles. A portion of the ride was double up. Probably the coolest, most useful, time consuming, expensive thing i did for the bike. To me it looks OEM. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.