Rune Rider Forums banner

Tires

8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CrimsonRune 
#1 ·
What size tires can I run on the front of my rune

#3 ·
What the coffee swilling, couch lounger above is referring to is the "recommended" stock tire.
Go for it if you have too much money and don't plan on going too far.

There is a lot of discussion on this site for alternatives; do a search and you will find way too much info.

Including my awesome suggestions, and other people's bad suggestions...

:-D

skip

#4 ·
Shala & I both run Battleax BT45's in the 140/70-18 size and like them. Seem to outlast the OEM recommended Dumflops with ease while saving some moola in the process. But like Skip says, do a search of the forum and you should find the older threads with much info on tire choices.

#5 ·
I run the Avon Storm 3d, there is a new tire to replace them now called the Spirit. These are suppose to be even better. 160/60 ZR18 front and 200/50 ZR17 for the rear. The 160/60 ZR18 is a rear tire also run in the regular rotation installed on the front of the bike. I have very good mileage out of them as have others.

#11 ·
i have to agree with BC Rune. as far as the front tire goes, I have had 2 Dunlops, (very poor life expectancy), the Battlax, (front tire developed a weird bulge in the center of the tire that made turning uncomfortable and did not get a lot of mileage out of it). Then went with Avon Storm (excellent mileage performance, over 30,000 kms on that tire) just replaced with Avon AV91 Cobra Chrome tires as the Storm is no longer available. Went with Michelin Road 5 in the rear. So far Very happy with both.
I definitely would like to hear and read more about these new options. I replaced the stock Dunlops as soon as they went bald and have had Avon AV56 Storm ST Ultras in 200/50 ZR17 and 160/60 ZR18 and have had really good luck with them. Has to be well over 10k miles on them by now. Both are starting to show a little uneven wear and the rear has squared off pretty well. I think I can get one more season out of them though so you ladies and gents have some time to do some road test reviews :-D

#6 ·
i have to agree with BC Rune. as far as the front tire goes, I have had 2 Dunlops, (very poor life expectancy), the Battlax, (front tire developed a weird bulge in the center of the tire that made turning uncomfortable and did not get a lot of mileage out of it). Then went with Avon Storm (excellent mileage performance, over 30,000 kms on that tire) just replaced with Avon AV91 Cobra Chrome tires as the Storm is no longer available. Went with Michelin Road 5 in the rear. So far Very happy with both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.