Rune Rider Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2004 #572 on BAT

9K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  RedValk 
#1 ·
Auction just opened for a 2004 Black Cherry, Chrome and extended bars. 1500 miles. looks all original (except tires).
Current Bid 10.250.
Six days left on a no reserve auction.
1HDR
Note: BAT is Bring A Trailer Online Auction Site.

This post has been deleted
#6 · (Edited)
BAT Rune

Ok, wheel weight off.
Buyer never said bike had back bars, some other poster did.
I corrected my post comparing it to my bike.
Buyer indicated Bike is Cali EPA compliant. Looks Like VIN info disputes that.
If Pics are current, this bike appears to be a very low mile bike.

1HDR

#12 ·
"May 26 at 1:28 PM
1boxster331 27
I have never seen rust on/in/or around the fuel filler or inside tank on my Rune or any of the others I have known.
Sounds like the bike being mentioned may not have been stored properly.
It takes air and water to make rust.
Always Store any bike with proper additive and full tank of fuel in cool dry area."

why does it seem like one of the individuals posting about bike has a vested ($$$) interest in the bike selling?

I do like the BS about water and air to make rust.

first off spend any time on this board and you'll find a number of members who have had rust problems in their fuel tanks and some have had the fuel pump stop working. Now as far as water and air, just WTF is in the air we breathe? The Rune's fuel tank leaves room for air even if the tank is topped off, that air has what is needed to cause rust. Now the big factor is time idle, type of fuel, fuel additive. Rust is always possible. Runes that get little use or Runes that are stored are at greater risk.

Now for an old tip... if you store your Rune for long periods because the winter is deep and long or whatever and you can do this once you correctly stored your Rune. From time to time seat on the Rune and grab a handle full of front brake lever and rock the bike---the front will give and the fuel/additive will get mixed up good again and the inside where the air (yeap the shi!! that has water and air) rests under the cap the metal will get recoated again.
any other tips on storing a rune? thanks

#19 · (Edited)
Have a great day!

there was no need to remove or edit your post, it's a open board have at it. Because if there's one thing that is true when it comes to the Rune, I don't know sh!!...

A blind person could see who you are on the BaT and who you are on here. You're the one who had to backpedal once I put up information here about the BaT Rune being an EA, etc.

You might what to back pedal some more over on BaT you didn't get it all correct. Sorry, that was probably my mistake by not leaving my post(s) up long enough for you do get all the information correct before you posted it over there like you know so much! Or maybe because someone didn't quote it in time on here so it stays. Whatever, I'll try and do better next time, in the end I guess it's all my fault.

Good Luck on the whole couple of times a year you get your Rune out and ride it!

The roads are drying out, time for some open road...…:biker: OH FK, first I have to clean out the rust.:yes:

Again, NO NEED TO EDIT YOUR POSTS!, I NEED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RUNE, BECAUSE AS EVERYONE KNOWS, I DON'T KNOW SH!! ABOUT ONE.....:banghead:…….

~~~~~edit~~~~~

Seeing I don't know sh!! and my Rune tank has rust (by the way the one who posted that---back that statement up with proof!), OH SH!! that's right, my tank doesn't have rust and never has.

Now you can ignore this or not, or believe it or not, the "It takes air and water to make rust." is a no sh!! one and of course CS tells folks the air we breathe has that. There is a reason why my shop and other folks shops have a water separator/filter for it's air system and why 18 wheelers and the like use air dryers (and I've held a CDL for 40 years now). You don't need a garden hose to have a problem because of water, the air we breathe can do it.

Here's another tip----however don't use it, because I don't know sh!! and my fuel tank has rust according to someone! When I store my toys for a long winters nap, I test the fuel that will go in them. While most places have water filter systems/alarms and most fuel will be good, one can never be sure all the time. Testing the fuel removes the option of problems with the fuel and makes sure it's corn juice free (if I need to explain the problem with corn juice) don't read this post. Honda makes an easy to use tool that is not costly, and only takes a few minutes to check the fuel.

Reactions: #1RoadDrifter
#26 · (Edited)
there was no need to remove or edit your post, it's a open board have at it. Because if there's one thing that is true when it comes to the Rune, I don't know sh!!...

A blind person could see who you are on the BaT and who you are on here. You're the one who had to backpedal once I put up information here about the BaT Rune being an EA, etc.

You might what to back pedal some more over on BaT you didn't get it all correct. Sorry, that was probably my mistake by not leaving my post(s) up long enough for you do get all the information correct before you posted it over there like you know so much! Or maybe because someone didn't quote it in time on here so it stays. Whatever, I'll try and do better next time, in the end I guess it's all my fault.

Good Luck on the whole couple of times a year you get your Rune out and ride it!

The roads are drying out, time for some open road...…:biker: OH FK, first I have to clean out the rust.:yes:

Again, NO NEED TO EDIT YOUR POSTS!, I NEED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RUNE, BECAUSE AS EVERYONE KNOWS, I DON'T KNOW SH!! ABOUT ONE.....:banghead:…….

~~~~~edit~~~~~

Seeing I don't know sh!! and my Rune tank has rust (by the way the one who posted that---back that statement up with proof!), OH SH!! that's right, my tank doesn't have rust and never has.

Now you can ignore this or not, or believe it or not, the "It takes air and water to make rust." is a no sh!! one and of course CS tells folks the air we breathe has that. There is a reason why my shop and other folks shops have a water separator/filter for it's air system and why 18 wheelers and the like use air dryers (and I've held a CDL for 40 years now). You don't need a garden hose to have a problem because of water, the air we breathe can do it.

Here's another tip----however don't use it, because I don't know sh!! and my fuel tank has rust according to someone! When I store my toys for a long winters nap, I test the fuel that will go in them. While most places have water filter systems/alarms and most fuel will be good, one can never be sure all the time. Testing the fuel removes the option of problems with the fuel and makes sure it's corn juice free (if I need to explain the problem with corn juice) don't read this post. Honda makes an easy to use tool that is not costly, and only takes a few minutes to check the fuel.
sorry, I misinterpreted, never mind...

#21 ·
Hey Rusty

Hey Rusty, I really think that you need do relax and think things through.
If the rust issue is such a big problem, then why do not all bikes have this problem.
If it is such a Hugh problem, please post up some numbers with Model Year and VINs that show this as more than just a couple of under maintained bikes.
Or, please provide any official Honda documents on this issue.

Please don't give yourself so much credit for supplying me with any info that was put on the BAT board.
You can take credit for finally figuring out how to post there and then trying to bring up anything you could to sabotage the bike sale. Real smart. Let me know when you are going to sell your 400 mile jewel with the rusted out tank.

Just another learning experience for you is this;
In small production number anything (cars,bikes,paintings,etc) the value is hard to establish due to few sales.
So when there is a recognized sale (Auction) on one of these limited numbers whatever the sale price is helps determine market value.
Wonder how high this bike might have gone for if you did not throw a hand grenade into the last hours of the bidding.
Way to go. You have tarnished the Rune on a major auction site which will probably now hit any of us if we ever try to sell ours.

All of that to be a smarty pants that knows more than everybody.

As to you accusations that I am tied to the seller of this bike. Prove it.
It is only in your twisted mind that this exists.
If I was trying to pump the Bike, then why did I bring up the Forward Bars, which some believe to be a liability on the Rune.
Why did I bring up that the Bike did (Probably) not meet California emissions.
I was answering questions on these two issues asked by interested bidders after the owner failed to give the correct info.
I did express my opinion on the condition of the Bike, shame on me.

What I did do was support a seller that had a very nice Rune for sale and in doing so helped to promote the Rune and builds its market value for future sales.
Would not any other Rune owner do the same for a fellow owner?
I guess the answer is you would not for any of us Rune owners.

#22 · (Edited)
You can take credit for finally figuring out how to post there and then trying to bring up anything you could to sabotage the bike sale. Real smart. Let me know when you are going to sell your 400 mile jewel with the rusted out tank.
I NEVER POSTED ONCE ON BaT!!! NEVER, NOT A MEMBER or WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO POST THERE!

MY RUNE HAS THOSANDS OF MILES, I PASSED 400 MILES IN LATE 04 or EAERLY 05 THE FIRST WEEKEND I TOOK IT OUT! MINE IS NOT A JEWEL! IT IS RIDDEN !

I FIRST LEARNED OF BaT FROM THIS THREAD, I DIDN'T GIVE A SH!! ABOUT IT BASED ON YOUR POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER BROUGHT ANYTHING WORTH WHILE TO THIS BOARD BASED ON YOUR POSTS, I LOOKED AT IT AFTER FW POSTED.

Wonder how high this bike might have gone for if you did not throw a hand grenade into the last hours of the bidding.
Way to go. You have tarnished the Rune on a major auction site which will probably now hit any of us if we ever try to sell ours.
CONTACT THE AUCTION SIGHT ABOUT THAT! YOU'LL FIND YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT WHO THAT PERSON IS! IT"S NOT ME!!!

Reactions: #1RoadDrifter
#27 ·
since the auction (it appears from what I'm reading) is over....and this thread is going nowhere.....except some kind of pi$$ing match, think I'll just lock it down. I rarely do that (as those who have been here forever know), but I'm growing tired of the back and forth BS................

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.