2004 #572 on BAT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 #572 on BAT

Default 2004 #572 on BAT

Auction just opened for a 2004 Black Cherry, Chrome and extended bars. 1500 miles. looks all original (except tires).
    Current Bid 10.250.
    Six days left on a no reserve auction.
    1HDR
    Note: BAT is Bring A Trailer Online Auction Site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar

I've wondered when one would finally show up on there! Interesting to see Gas Monkey the current high bidder when he (they?) used to have a black one.
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

Birmingham, AL. No more Afghanistan!! Yeaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RUNE517 View Post
    It's better to sell a Rune based on correct info, than to piss off a buyer who buys based on miss information?
    Wise words.

-Ollie
    I'd much rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air than being in the air wishing I was on the ground.

2004' CBC #585
    Lucky 7 Radial Bike- www.jrlcycles.com
    https://www.combatvet.us

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

why can't sellers just be honest when they sell a Rune? It's a Rune after all, why the need to blow smoke up peoples a$$es.

The Rune never came with a chrome package, it only had options, color, handlebars, wheels, Calif/Non-Calif.

The chrome wheels added 2,500 to the cost, not the five grand as the seller states

It's a 49 state and Canada Rune with low miles so how does it met Calif requirements he states it does?

300 made in 04? Can I get facts/proof to back that up, OH that's right, 300 with chrome wheels and set back bars he says, still would like to see the facts to back that up seeing the bike is an EA and has forward bars.

his post: a reply to someone who called him on the 300:

300 Chrome package set back handle bars we’re produced for 2004 and only 25 for 2005".

Bad enough with the 04 BS, the 05 data is even better, "only 25", WTF, the VIN list shows far more than 25 J bikes........

It's it better to sell a Rune based on correct info, than to piss off a buyer who buys based on miss information?
    Agreed. It is a bit shameful. I have been on BAT for a while, and was looking forward to seeing what a Rune would finally bring there...but not like this, and its SUCH a good example of an unmolested Rune too.

It would be nice to see someone post what you said there..... (hint)
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

What proof do you have it's unmolested? With all the flat out BS that the seller posted about the bike, isn't it possible the bike isn't all that great? How is one to know that the speedo wasn't swapped out and the miles are not as they are listed? Once a seller starts down the path to putting up misinformation doesn't it make one question the whole listing? Well, at least it does for me. Yes, on the surface it seems like a good example of a CBC 04 Rune with forward set handle bars. I would never want forward set handle bars and based on information over the years on this board, most would not either.

I looked at the ad out of curiosity after seeing this thread, I don't have a account or whatever is needed to add or post to that site. I do see you do and that you put up a post (a good one/well worded), so why not post again and set things right? Why ask someone else to do what you can do yourself? Fk the seller can't even get the MSRP right. Also, why not state the 118HP is at the crank? And the mid 90's range HP that someone posted of is also correct, it's just that is at the rear wheel. Doesn't take much to see that the seller only is about the $$$, if they weren't they would have informed the one who asked about the single seat that while a two up seat and pegs can be added, the Rune is and was sold as a solo cruiser. The O/M clearly states the Rune is a rider only motorcycle, why not inform any possible buyer of that fact?, and let the buyer make the call if they still are interested in the bike, plus so they can check with their insurance to see if they would cover a bike used for two up that was sold/made for rider only.

Again, after all it is a Rune and they are limited in number and in time (just how much time is a question like, how many were made) the bike will be a collector's dream find or a barn find. Someone will want it, and the need for misinformation is not needed.

Plus I don't see where posting back anything to the seller would do any good, all they do is come up with more BS to explain it.

Hell the bike is even missing a part...………..

Everyone have a FUN/SAFE Memorial Day Weekend. If possible take a minute or two to remember what it's about!
    Handle bars did look different...I wasn't sure.

What part is missing?
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

Default BAT Rune

Ok, wheel weight off.
    Buyer never said bike had back bars, some other poster did.
    I corrected my post comparing it to my bike.
    Buyer indicated Bike is Cali EPA compliant. Looks Like VIN info disputes that.
    If Pics are current, this bike appears to be a very low mile bike.

1HDR
    Last edited by 1HDR; 05-24-2020 at 09:59 AM.

FW: missing part doesn't matter, the seller with just CYA
    Just curious. I am not seeing anything missing...but then again, I bought mine used so maybe the same bit is missing on mine and I didn't know. What is it?
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

You'll figure it out...
    OMG!!! With my OCD I’ve poured over every photo trying to find the elusive missing part!!

-Ollie
    I'd much rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air than being in the air wishing I was on the ground.

2004' CBC #585

Red face

Wheel Weight.

1HDR

Quote Originally Posted by 1HDR View Post
    Wheel Weight.

1HDR
    I wouldn't consider a wheel weight a missing part.....

I'm going to say chrome bolt cap near brake pedal. They see to fall off on my bike in that same location...must hit it with my boot or something. Good thing dealer gave me a handful for free.
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

Like watching what I post here show up there......

2004' CBC #585

"May 26 at 1:28 PM
    1boxster331 27
    I have never seen rust on/in/or around the fuel filler or inside tank on my Rune or any of the others I have known.
    Sounds like the bike being mentioned may not have been stored properly.
    It takes air and water to make rust.
    Always Store any bike with proper additive and full tank of fuel in cool dry area."

why does it seem like one of the individuals posting about bike has a vested ($$$) interest in the bike selling?

I do like the BS about water and air to make rust.

first off spend any time on this board and you'll find a number of members who have had rust problems in their fuel tanks and some have had the fuel pump stop working. Now as far as water and air, just WTF is in the air we breathe? The Rune's fuel tank leaves room for air even if the tank is topped off, that air has what is needed to cause rust. Now the big factor is time idle, type of fuel, fuel additive. Rust is always possible. Runes that get little use or Runes that are stored are at greater risk.

Now for an old tip... if you store your Rune for long periods because the winter is deep and long or whatever and you can do this once you correctly stored your Rune. From time to time seat on the Rune and grab a handle full of front brake lever and rock the bike---the front will give and the fuel/additive will get mixed up good again and the inside where the air (yeap the shi!! that has water and air) rests under the cap the metal will get recoated again.
    any other tips on storing a rune? thanks

Wow..sold for $20k~ Impressive showing.
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Wing View Post
    Wow..sold for $20k~ Impressive showing.
    that would be yours truly

Quote Originally Posted by Steinhart View Post
    that would be yours truly
    Welcome then. Keep us posted on how it all goes. Do you intend to preserve it or ride it?

What year is your Black?
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Wing View Post
    Welcome then. Keep us posted on how it all goes. Do you intend to preserve it or ride it?

What year is your Black?
    thanks!

black one is a 2004 with around 4K miles

no need to preserve anything

but in reality I just don't use these things as much as I'd like to

I just discovered this forum today, very cool!

Default BAT Rune

Steinhart, the last person to ask anything about storing a bike would be RUNE517. He has a bike with rust in the tank.
    Enjoy and learn your new Classic.
    1HDR
    Last edited by 1HDR; 05-27-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1HDR View Post
    Steinhart, the last person to ask anything about storing a bike would be RUNE517. He has a bike with rust in the tank.
    Enjoy and learn your new Classic.
    1HDR
    ok thanks!

Cool Have a great day!

there was no need to remove or edit your post, it's a open board have at it. Because if there's one thing that is true when it comes to the Rune, I don't know sh!!...

A blind person could see who you are on the BaT and who you are on here. You're the one who had to backpedal once I put up information here about the BaT Rune being an EA, etc.

You might what to back pedal some more over on BaT you didn't get it all correct. Sorry, that was probably my mistake by not leaving my post(s) up long enough for you do get all the information correct before you posted it over there like you know so much! Or maybe because someone didn't quote it in time on here so it stays. Whatever, I'll try and do better next time, in the end I guess it's all my fault.

Good Luck on the whole couple of times a year you get your Rune out and ride it!

The roads are drying out, time for some open road...… OH FK, first I have to clean out the rust.

Again, NO NEED TO EDIT YOUR POSTS!, I NEED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RUNE, BECAUSE AS EVERYONE KNOWS, I DON'T KNOW SH!! ABOUT ONE.....…….

~~~~~edit~~~~~

Seeing I don't know sh!! and my Rune tank has rust (by the way the one who posted that---back that statement up with proof!), OH SH!! that's right, my tank doesn't have rust and never has.

Now you can ignore this or not, or believe it or not, the "It takes air and water to make rust." is a no sh!! one and of course CS tells folks the air we breathe has that. There is a reason why my shop and other folks shops have a water separator/filter for it's air system and why 18 wheelers and the like use air dryers (and I've held a CDL for 40 years now). You don't need a garden hose to have a problem because of water, the air we breathe can do it.

Here's another tip----however don't use it, because I don't know sh!! and my fuel tank has rust according to someone! When I store my toys for a long winters nap, I test the fuel that will go in them. While most places have water filter systems/alarms and most fuel will be good, one can never be sure all the time. Testing the fuel removes the option of problems with the fuel and makes sure it's corn juice free (if I need to explain the problem with corn juice) don't read this post. Honda makes an easy to use tool that is not costly, and only takes a few minutes to check the fuel.
    Last edited by RUNE517; 05-27-2020 at 01:15 PM. Reason: added

~~~WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED CHANGING---YOU'RE FINISHED~~~
    -Benjamin Franklin-

~13~

~~~~~~

Smoking Keyboard Member Dr. Dave's Avatar

1HDR;Steinhart, the last person to ask anything about storing a bike would be RUNE517.
    Now that there is dang funny, considering that 517 is in possession of the Magic Rune Decoder Ring !
    Dr Dave