Forward and rear bars

Thread: Forward and rear bars

Default Forward and rear bars

I’m looking at remotely buying a 2004 rune and I know there is a way you can tell from the Vin number if it was delivered with the forward mounted or rear mounted handlebars.

Here’s the VIN - 1HFSC53064A001104

Can someone help me decipher that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Default Bars

I don't know the code and while mine came with forward bars, I changed them to rear bars. As I remember there is a forum here for bars and you may want to read through the forum.
    Last edited by Saint; 05-27-2020 at 06:46 PM.

What’s the process to change the bars? Are you just changing or re-mounting the existing bars or do you have to get new ones?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Mine was "delivered" (a "thousand years ago ) with forward bars. But within months, I changed them out to rear bars. So the VIN might not be any indication of what is on it NOW................

....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile

DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by

STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoGary View Post
    What’s the process to change the bars? Are you just changing or re-mounting the existing bars or do you have to get new ones?
    changing out the bars.....different part number. And while some claim you could stretch the brake cable, I changed my brake cable out as I recall. Again, that was so long ago....it's hard to remember. Like late 2003?

....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile

From the Tech Forum....right up top....the thread with EVERYTHING you wanted to know about forward bars, rear or pull back bars, A bars, B bars, how to, etc. And brake hose replacement IS recommended.........

https://www.runeriders.com/forum/sho...-bars-question

Thanks RedValk, great information. I was able to determine the bike I’m looking at has the forward bars for sure. I definitely want the rear bars, I’m about 5’-9” and don’t want that forward sitting position. My 57-year-old back probably wouldn’t like it much.

I wonder if the “B” bars are even still available?

I'm just under 6 foot, and I found the forward bars doable.....but not quite as comfortable as the rear bars. I'm thinking for you, rear bars are definitely the way to go. Bars still available. $246.62 on Partzilla and $189.61 with Southern Honda Powersports....just doing a quick google check.

Thanks again RedValk, much appreciated. This forum is totally invaluable if you’re buying or own one of these bikes and you guys do such a great job moderating and maintaining it.

I’m leaning towards looking for a 2005 model because of the bar situation, also I like the chrome wheels and I understand there was a change to the front forks that helps with the “squeaking“ problem.

Looking for a black, low mileage and mostly stock, or can be returned to stock version.

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

I'm looking for a '05, but searchtempest is a cool tool. Thanks.

Default is a 2005

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoGary View Post
    I'm looking for a '05
    If you can live with a color other than a Black one?

price is good, says needs to sell

What little is wrong (paint) is easily fixed, and the chromed plastic part can be replaced, along with that part is one to watch out for, it can get caught on a pant leg when backing up your Rune and snapped easy enough.

~~~WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED CHANGING---YOU'RE FINISHED~~~
    -Benjamin Franklin-

~13~

~~~~~~

Yes, I’m actually talking to the owner of this bike. Small Rune world I guess!