How to lift from center of bike?

Thread: How to lift from center of bike?

Default How to lift from center of bike?

I've read through the threads here but I don't see a good solution. Did I miss it?

Given the barrel shape with center ridge of the bottom center of bike, how do you lift it without rocking?

Also, what is the pipe for in the picture? Many thanks!

34ED1AF4-3F09-4703-90EC-D673E14FFD32_1_201_a.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Cool adapter plate

That hole/pipe/tube in question is used for a number of purposes.....

Honda uses it during assembly of engine halves, again during assembly of the Rune, again for storage of the engine for use later down the road---there is a molded case that is flat on the bottom for shelving the engine for later use that is held on by using that hole/pipe/tube, the case also protects the engine when stored/shelved.

RuneRiders use that hole/pipe/tube to hold on an adapter plate used to lift the Rune for whatever the owner wants to lift the Rune for.

Pictures are of the original yellow lift adapter plate that many use. The link is about adapter/lift plate(s) and has contact info (post 12) for the one who makes them. He does them by request now, years back he listed them on here and on ebay.

https://www.runeriders.com/forum/sho...t=lift+adapter
    Attached Images Attached Images

~~~WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED CHANGING---YOU'RE FINISHED~~~
    -Benjamin Franklin-

~13~

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by RUNE517 View Post

Honda uses it during assembly of engine halves, again during assembly of the Rune, again for storage of the engine for use later down the road---there is a molded case that is flat on the bottom for shelving the engine for later use that is held on by using that hole/pipe/tube, the case also protects the engine when stored/shelved.

RuneRiders use that hole/pipe/tube to hold on an adapter plate used to lift the Rune for whatever the owner wants to lift the Rune for.

Pictures are of the original yellow lift adapter plate that many use. The link is about adapter/lift plate(s) and has contact info (post 12) for the one who makes them. He does them by request now, years back he listed them on here and on ebay.

Interesting, you are a wealth of information and greatly appreciated!

I will try contacting Jeff to buy one

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Steinhart View Post
    Interesting, you are a wealth of information and greatly appreciated!

I will try contacting Jeff to buy one

If Jeff doesn't have any, let me know. I don't use mine any longer as I have a skid plate that stays mounted to the bike now. It mounts in the hole for the lift adapter so I don't need it.

Matt
    2004 CBC Honda Rune
    2006 "Passion Red" Kawasaki ZX-14
    2010 Can Am Outlander 800 MAX LTD (red of course)
    1994 Black/Purple Suzuki RF900R (sold)

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done" - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRune View Post
    If Jeff doesn't have any, let me know. I don't use mine any longer as I have a skid plate that stays mounted to the bike now. It mounts in the hole for the lift adapter so I don't need it.

Matt
    pm sent, thanks!

btw, what brand lift is that in the picture and is that the one you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Steinhart View Post
    btw, what brand lift is that in the picture and is that the one you recommend?
    I don't recommend, not my place....your Rune, you'll figure out what you like/want.

I do like and have used the yellow lift adapter since 04/05 time frame, I also use the pepsx Rune stand. I do far to much work not to place it on a stand. I have a lot goodies on my Rune, from gear indicator, tach, coolant temp gauge (digital), TPMS that also monitors bikes volts, stand along 4 way/emergency flasher setup, aux lights, custom third brake light, on my fourth set of different aftermarket foot pegs and more. PLus all work on Rune is done by me to include tire changes. I'm a long ways from the only one that does all Rune work-upkeep/items themselves.

My setup is like what is in member David gallery of pictures in this link...…

https://www.runeriders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=113

~~~WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED CHANGING---YOU'RE FINISHED~~~
    -Benjamin Franklin-

~13~

~~~~~~

I don't recommend, not my place....your Rune, you'll figure out what you like/want.

I do like and have used the yellow lift adapter since 04/05 time frame, I also use the pepsx Rune stand. I do far to much work not to place it on a stand. I have a lot goodies on my Rune, from gear indicator, tach, coolant temp gauge (digital), TPMS that also monitors bikes volts, stand along 4 way/emergency flasher setup, aux lights, custom third brake light, on my fourth set of different aftermarket foot pegs and more. PLus all work on Rune is done by me to include tire changes. I'm a long ways from the only one that does all Rune work-upkeep/items themselves.

My setup is like what is in member David gallery of pictures in this link...…

https://www.runeriders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=113

very nicely equipped rune! thanks

Default PepsX Bike Stand

I have an unused PepsX Bike Stand for sale.

Chris Francis

[email protected]
    Last edited by Saint; 06-01-2020 at 12:00 AM.