In Other News: Honda Valkyrie (Rune) Resurfacing 2021

Thread: In Other News: Honda Valkyrie (Rune) Resurfacing 2021

Default In Other News: Honda Valkyrie (Rune) Resurfacing 2021

Maybe this too is posted elsewhere as well but I searched for it (I'll include that screenshot just to verify) and didn't find anything forum-wide so I figured I'd add it because it is interesting and I've been following it since it came into the news.

News: 2020 Honda Valkyrie Rune 1800 October 2019
    https://www.livingwithgravity.com/ne...y-honda-japan/

Which was in succession to this announcement:

New 2019 Honda Valkyrie Touring 6-cylinder 1833cc December 2018

A bit of researching, mainly digging for Tokyo Motor Exhibits that reveal the most accurate details and discussions:

2019-2020 Honda Valkyrie 1800 Google Digs
    https://tinyurl.com/2019-Honda-Rune
    https://tinyurl.com/2020-Honda-Rune

Past that I keep in contact with my local Honda Powersports manager, I like to drop by and we talk bikes and such, who is also keeping up with this new Valkyrie (Rune) as well. His take is that it's still absolutely in the works, has been received very well within the market it's geared towards as well as outside that target market based on the updates/inclusions to this bike, and there has been activity within production already that would coincide with development moving forward. Honda had scrapped a concept prior to this geared towards re-introducing the Valkyrie but that is what apparently led to them going back to look at the Rune and wanting to resurrect those designs into a newer, more sophisticated, higher technology redesign. This is supposed to be the closer incantation of the bike they originally intended the Valkyrie Rune to be and aesthetically I can see the blending there much more on this than on the 05-05 Runes. Honda has been keeping anything to do with this design/production pretty quiet so there hasn't been a lot lately, but if someone here has anything to add then by all means...

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

DFW-Texas.............. ...It's a whole other country.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkElfLusipher View Post
    Maybe this too is posted elsewhere as well but I searched for it (I'll include that screenshot just to verify) and didn't find anything forum-wide so I figured I'd add it because it is interesting and I've been following it since it came into the news.

News: 2020 Honda Valkyrie Rune 1800 October 2019
    https://www.livingwithgravity.com/ne...y-honda-japan/

Which was in succession to this announcement:

New 2019 Honda Valkyrie Touring 6-cylinder 1833cc December 2018

A bit of researching, mainly digging for Tokyo Motor Exhibits that reveal the most accurate details and discussions:

2019-2020 Honda Valkyrie 1800 Google Digs
    https://tinyurl.com/2019-Honda-Rune
    https://tinyurl.com/2020-Honda-Rune

Past that I keep in contact with my local Honda Powersports manager, I like to drop by and we talk bikes and such, who is also keeping up with this new Valkyrie (Rune) as well. His take is that it's still absolutely in the works, has been received very well within the market it's geared towards as well as outside that target market based on the updates/inclusions to this bike, and there has been activity within production already that would coincide with development moving forward. Honda had scrapped a concept prior to this geared towards re-introducing the Valkyrie but that is what apparently led to them going back to look at the Rune and wanting to resurrect those designs into a newer, more sophisticated, higher technology redesign. This is supposed to be the closer incantation of the bike they originally intended the Valkyrie Rune to be and aesthetically I can see the blending there much more on this than on the 05-05 Runes. Honda has been keeping anything to do with this design/production pretty quiet so there hasn't been a lot lately, but if someone here has anything to add then by all means...

Is this for real...? If it is, what will this do to our precious toy values...?

Worried,
    RaRune
    'Ra Rune'

*(It's OK to talk to yourself... it's even OK to answer yourself... but, if you ever catch yourself saying, "Huh??? What??? Que???")

It's real. It is not supposed to be produced under the Rune name at all though, just the return of the Valkyrie. So there will still be only one true Rune...but this is obviously borrowing HEAVILY from the design. Once it's produced and released it will definitely start taking away from the "only thing like it on the road" feeling that you get from the Rune...and since it's going to be much more advanced in the technologically it will definitely be seen as the more upscale successor and the higher end version.

It stings a bit but there are very few companies that leave such expensive design work alone after one look, more often they came back to it and rework it into something else that they can make a profit from...hopefully. I can't blame Honda for that seeing as the Rune design is gorgeous and if they are looking to get the Valkyrie release recognized then this is probably the best way to go.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

And in my opinion the Rune still looks classier with her full, overreaching fenders and uninterruptedly flowing curves. She'll always be the one that got away for plenty of people and I feel like that will always make the Rune sought after.

Hey maybe this new Valkyrie will help Rune owners in need of fresh part production. Also seeing as the frame and bodywork is so similar I could see some customs and hybrids being created by Rune owners for sure, that would be fun to witness!

well, speaking of the NEW Valkyrie, that's all this reminds me of....is the new Valkyrie they recently brought back. Those big "radiator pods" kind of "rune" it (see what I did there.....rune vs ruin..... ) for me. It looks a LOT like the new Valkyrie they introduced lately. Yea, I see the headlight, the exhaust....maybe around the handlebar. But the fenders are ugly TO ME. The wheels don't do anything for me. And again, those radiator "pods"....that's the worst part of all.

Nope, doesn't interest me. Doesn't compare to the look of a Rune. Looks like the Valkyrie (the late model, not the original). The guys on the Valk board hated the new Valk too. This just looks too much like the new Valk for me.............

But I'm sort of glad....getting ready to retire....I'm lucky they aren't making anything I'd want to buy. If they made a 2000 cc.....or an 8 cylinder....I'd HAVE to buy it most likely. So I'm glad they come out with stuff like this so I can save my money

....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile

DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by

STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE

So here is the 2014 Honda Valkyrie. Same radiator pods.....similar if not same fenders. Similar wheels. Like I said, they just seemed to put the Rune headlight and exhaust on. Those fenders, wheels....and MOSTLY....the radiator pods.....are what RUNE it for me...........

2014-Honda-Valkyrie-GL1800C2.jpg

....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile

DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by

STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar

....That photoshop (photoflop??) had been around for several years....
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Wing View Post
    ....That photoshop (photoflop??) had been around for several years....
    Well this is stuff from Tokyo Motorshow from 2018-2019 and it absolutely does look a lot like just further advancement on the Valkyrie that was released/updated a little bit ago. The info sheet is confirmed Honda but that means very little because they change plenty of those details as production actually starts.

I guess if there's a Tokyo showing this year it's possible to see this bike on the announcement roster but I agree that it isn't something I can see myself going after. I definitely prefer the Rune and I was merely putting this out there because it is interesting news and shows that our bikes hold more influence than others might want to recognize. 😁

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) pete in Mena's Avatar

some of the top end is rune-like ... but I don't see any sign of the exotic trailing link fork.
    It's too bad that "common sense" isn't

pete in Mena
    '09 GL1800 CBC Goldwing ABS '04 CBC chrome Rune

Default Radiator Pods

Quote Originally Posted by RedValk View Post
    So here is the 2014 Honda Valkyrie. Same radiator pods.....similar if not same fenders. Similar wheels. Like I said, they just seemed to put the Rune headlight and exhaust on. Those fenders, wheels....and MOSTLY....the radiator pods.....are what RUNE it for me...........

2014-Honda-Valkyrie-GL1800C2.jpg
    I find the radiator pods very distracting and also Rune it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    I find the radiator pods very distracting and also Rune it for me.
    +1

That thing is NOT a Honda Rune. Ugly radiator pods. Way too busy look. Sharp angular lines, unattractive headlight, no trailing link, and overall very plastic looking. I suppose they are trying to compete with the new Trumph Rocket III or the Vmax 1700? The Vmax 1700 rules in the muscle bike category, but there has never been anything like the Honda Rune, and there still isn't. I see a lot less Runes for sale than I did just 2 years ago.