Avon Update - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avon Update

Quote Originally Posted by RaRune View Post
    Jim,
    Why didn't you use the 150/60 R18 67H TL BT090 Battleax..?
    It is the exact size of the stock Dunlop D251 except it's rated H speed instead of V speed.
    I wonder if those 150/60's were even available back when I first switched to the 140/70 BT45'S? But like the information you found, I probably wouldn't have gone with an H rated tire anyway, even if they were available at the time. The only issue I've ever encountered with my 140/70 BT's is that they require 42psi (cold) to last very long, let them get low and they tend to begin cupping fairly quickly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

DFW-Texas.............. ...It's a whole other country.

Quote Originally Posted by MO Rune Rider View Post
    I wonder if those 150/60's were even available back when I first switched to the 140/70 BT45'S? But like the information you found, I probably wouldn't have gone with an H rated tire anyway, even if they were available at the time. The only issue I've ever encountered with my 140/70 BT's is that they require 42psi (cold) to last very long, let them get low and they tend to begin cupping fairly quickly.
    What is the entire model number of your front tire...? Just wondering.
    'Ra Rune'

*(It's OK to talk to yourself... it's even OK to answer yourself... but, if you ever catch yourself saying, "Huh??? What??? Que???")

I'm not at home right now to put eyes on the tire, but I'd guess it's the exact same bt45 140/70 18, v rated radial, currently listed all over Ebay, which is where I order a lot of my tires.
    MPN: 072818

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

DFW-Texas.............. ...It's a whole other country.

Quote Originally Posted by MO Rune Rider View Post
    I'm not at home right now to put eyes on the tire, but I'd guess it's the exact same bt45 140/70 18, v rated radial, currently listed all over Ebay, which is where I order a lot of my tires.
    MPN: 072818
    MPN: 072818 - That is what I was trying to ascertain... That is a bias ply tire... It probably doesn't matter in your case because you are a darksider anyway...
    Of course, if your rear CT is a bias ply tire, it's a NO Biggie... and you're Good-To-Go! That is at least your technology matches, front to rear... LOL
    'Ra Rune'

*(It's OK to talk to yourself... it's even OK to answer yourself... but, if you ever catch yourself saying, "Huh??? What??? Que???")

I think it's a bias ply tire. Now I'm certain to die a flaming death from BOTH my tire choices. CT on the rear and mis-matching bias with radials. Oh my! I guess I've been lucky this past 40,000 miles or so. Of course, now with 'rona' loose around every corner, nook and cranny, what's the big deal if I die a flaming tire choice death? They could write it down as just another 'rona' death and no one would be the wiser.

What About DUNLOP D251 tire, I think it is the better choice.