dam lost keys !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dam lost keys !!!

Default Re: dam lost keys !!!

When all 27 Runes were in very close proximity to each other at Erwin last year, I don't remember anyone having any difficulties starting their Rune.
    Nate
    IBA # 33388 - HotLanta, GA

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
    - Oscar Wilde

2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

Smoking Keyboard Member asacuta's Avatar

Honda says to keep invalid keys more than 50 mm away from the immobilizer transceiver. Bike-to-bike distances aren't a problem. Under the seat would also be further than 50 mm, but radio propagation within the metal frame could be better than open air.

Al

Got the call from Bill service mgr at Ron Ayers Motorsports he said "we have your bike ready , we called everyone at honda for info and got conflicting info so we took our time on your bike.we tried to reset/flash your ecm but it didnt work so we had to replace it but since you had a locksmith pic the lock we could get the numbers from your locks and have the new ecm keyed to match your locks . [NUMBERS ON LOCKS TELL TYPE AND CUT OF KEYS FOR BIKE , NOTHING TO DO WITH ECM CHIP PROGRAM ] so this saved you from buying a seat and tank lock set plus install labor.we have you 2 keys ready and two ordered ,we'll program them for you when you come back with the bike . Your total is $827 and i'm sorry the flash didnt work and we couldnt save you from the ecm replacement." They had my bike detailed and at the front door on display when i got there.I was so happy to be riding i forgot to ask about the old ecm but i have to go get my 1800 goldwing that i left there on tuesday, i'll ask then. Special thanks to the guys at RON AYERS MTRSPTS because the could have changed everything plus labor .Thats why i ride 80 miles there and only live 6 miles from a shop at home.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements

I have no life, I just post all day! WIZ's Avatar

RON AYERS MOTOR SPORTS ........ that is a good dealership ........theres something about those eastern Carolina boys.....????
    congrats on getting the RUNE back ..... could of been a lot worse like you said .........
    just how much fun i have here......

Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) KenCrawleySC's Avatar

Please get the ECM back from the dealer. Call them today and make sure they dont "trash" it.
    Asacuta is THE MAN to get some quality forensic data from the module and benefit us all.

My area of expertise is RF -- antennas, and I agree putting a key under the seat "may" be a problem. Best way to find out is to do a test. (I love tests!)

Ken (51,200 Rune miles, mostly on just one key. The other is in the gun safe)

Here is a thought. Scratch the key in the tool box idea and use the space for a spare magazine or some ammo.

I thought this thread was going to have something to do with a hydroelectric facility that restricts the flow of water from a body of water, which might be surrounded by state lands and resort communities, and possibly filled with people skiing and fishing. I thought perhaps an engineer had left for the evening and taken the key home. Thereby, leaving the facility unattended and unaccessible.

What I am trying to say is DAM(B)!!!!

I'll call them tomorrow morning ! to check on it .

#@%$^&*#@$%#@#^% YOU AINT GONNA BELIEVE IT , WELL YOU MIGHT BUT GUESS WHAT !!!!!!!!!! ????????? Thats right someone found the dam KEY !!!!!! Two weeks too late but i now have a key to go with that computer. OK here's the story , i decided to trike my 03 candy red goldwing for my sweet thang as a wedding present but could'nt find the rune keys . Before doing the trike i needed to fix the rune so i would'nt be without a ride . Picked up the rune and dropped off the goldwing on the same day , two weeks later the guys at the shop called , your trike is ready !!! This was all done as a surprise so nobody knew about the trike but the guys in the shop . I had to work so i sent sweet thang and her friend to pick up my bike at the shop . She called and was speechless ! She called 2 hours later laughing and says:
    her: are you sitting down ?
    me: yep why ?
    her: we know where the rune key is !
    me: i know where it is too , in my pocket !
    her : no i mean the original rune key !!!
    me : HUH ??
    her on speaker phone : laughter in background , the mechanic that did the trike joins in
    mechanic : theres a rune key behind the left speaker grill of the trike
    the shop mgr BILL: WHAT !!!!!
    mechanic : i saw it the last time i serviced this wing in jan or feb.
    her : giggling
    me:cussing @#$%[email protected]!&%*&*#@
    mechanic : the guy who triked this goldwing is the same guy that lost his rune keys ??!!
    shop mgr BILL : Dam !!!
    me : still cussing & laughing @#$!%^$&*^#[email protected]!!!!!
    everybody at the shop now starts laughing and all the guys at my job sitting around have joined in because they know what i 'm cussing about , they start calling all my other buddies to spread the fun !!!
    her: still giggling , do you remember hiding the key there ?
    me : giggling , yep !!!!!!
    mechanic: well if your looking for the goldwing other key its behind the right speaker grill .
    everyone really got a huge kick out of that !!!! I'm happy everyone is having a good time because for $827 i need to get something for my money ! I have to go to the shop this week to pick up the computer and get some other stuff , i let you know how that goes shortly.

for duplicating a key, can I purchase a Honda Rune blank off eBay, then have my local honda dealer program it?