Rune Rider Forums banner

My first Rune milestone!

57K views 117 replies 32 participants last post by  Dr. Dave 
#1 ·
Happened today in the mountains on a RTE to meet some of my Winger buddies....only I was a day early!!

See less See more
#80 ·
Gidday,
Yes I am in Queensland and it is a lovely place to ride. Weather is getting warm now and just lovely to ride.Lovely rides to the west up into the Hinterland and Great Dividing Range, nice twisty bits and I can get up the range in TOP gear.

Yes I have never enjoyed riding my Rune so much as I have in the last 6 months.

#91 · (Edited)
RUNE517 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - My first Rune milestone! - in the General Message Board forum of RuneRiders.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
14,000 miles.....how many tires have you used so far? oem or other wise?

All of my tires have been OEM.

Fronts seem to get ~3k miles. With all of that weight on the front wheel, they sure wear rapidly.
Although, checking my records, the current front seems to be lasting much longer having 3300 miles and showing little wear. Must have been a better quality build?

Rear, I cant give a mileage estimate because I've never worn one out.... I changed the original rear tire at ~3k miles because it was nearly 7 years old,
two have gotten ruined by nails, one of which had less than 1k miles on it! So, I believe I am on my 4th.

#92 ·
I used OEM tires on the first 32,230 miles. That was 5 sets. Then I went to AVON STORM'S and mileage nearly doubled and half the cost. I also installed a rear tire on the front. So the next 75 k miles I have used
7 sets of AVON's. Current set has just over 10 K. Will need replacements soon.

1COOLMC

#108 ·
I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!

#109 ·
Hmmmm....this EXACT post was made by Dog back in APRIL of 2010....a decade ago. It is found early on in this thread......and repeated here:

I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!
Rune had 2112 miles the day I got it, and after today I have put over 900 miles on it! Pretty cool huh?

Now that its no longer icy and cold, I can finally put the skiis and snow shoes away and put miles on my Rune!
Now a new user who joined TODAY....fpoowks....uses that same post again a decade later? What is the point? The first reply to this post a decade ago clearly answered the question 10 years ago...he bought it used with 2112 miles on it. ALL the miles he has put on it since....are his miles.

A very strange....puzzling....(maybe even kind of bewildering or inappropriate?) post ....indeed..................

#113 ·
Having also recently purchased a Rune, and joined this group, I have started to look through posts. I probably, if I was curious, have asked a similar question, rather than read through 6 pages of posts, so cut us newbies a little slack, please???

That being said, bought my Rune in November, and have already put 600+ miles on it. It had less than 2500 miles on it when I got it. (2005 model). Love the Rune, they are meant to be ridden, not stared at.

Ride safe, and enjoy!!

Mike

#114 ·
oh i have ZERO problem with someone asking a question that has been answered before.....but what I found QUITE curious (in fact even suspicious), is when someone goes to the trouble to scan all the way back through an old post....and quote the exact text of an earlier post.....again like this individual did (when the same EXACT question was already asked long ago). That's more than just odd. And an IP that tracks to Ukraine.....also kind of suspicious. I'm just doing my job as Admin and doing my due diligence... sniffing out possible trouble. That same individual did something similar on another post. I replied to it.....they never replied back.

Again, things that make you go "uh"?

Repeat or old questions....no problem....ask away. :yes:

#115 · (Edited)
Part of the reason I started this thread was because "back in the days" people made fun of those that didn't ride the same as they did ( either little or a lot)…..
It's like someone telling me how I should I cook my own steak...:roll:

And, I had to think about it, since I've owned it, only about 5 miles was not put on by me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.