Rune Rider Forums banner

My first Rune milestone!

57K views 117 replies 32 participants last post by  Dr. Dave 
#1 ·
Happened today in the mountains on a RTE to meet some of my Winger buddies....only I was a day early!!

See less See more
#39 ·
I hit a milestone too. I have been busy getting ready to move, and school, and work, so I havn't been able to ride.

Well, I hit 10 Miles today. It doesn't sound like anything, but when you have only been practicing in Parking Lots at slow going, its alot.
I want to make sure, I can do the slow-goes before I hit the open road.
Maybe it's too sissy for all of you, but hey, its my butt, and besides, I broke my neck last year in a car accident, so I'm being extra safe first.
I know one thing, those videos of the expert parking lot guys is going to be me soon.:lucky:
Gabs Horn

#40 ·
slow riding

you are not alone Gabriel. That was the same thing I did 3 years ago when I got my Rune, my first bike ever. 6 months later I went to my first Rune Rally, rode the Dragon, did the Snake...its now history. Keep on practicing. And the Motorman DVDs are great. Safe riding. Monch 8)

#44 ·
12-step program?

I have the opposite problem. I've had the bike about 19 months and 17000 miles now. My other bike, bought new, and at one time the love of my life, sits in the garage collecting dust. I know these bikes will last a long time, but I'm sometimes torn between riding it and 'saving it'. There will never be another like it.

But like so many of my other vices, I give in. Rain, cold (and snow!), hot weather, day, night. It's an addiction. Is there a 12-step program for Runes?
Steve

#43 ·
it's not the MILES you put on your Rune, it's the SMILES you get from riding it!

I'm not (quite) embarrassed that I've put precious few miles on her in the last few years ... life just keeps getting in the way. But all the miles she does get are FUN!
I took her up on the Talimena Scenic Byway yesterday before it got TOO hot and came back on US59 ... so all together, I had 1-1/2 hours of moderate to severe twisties and 1-1/2 hours of glorious FUN. Even without any pegscraping! Some guy on a sport tourer ... either a Beemer or an ST1300 ... tried to outgun me, but never managed to shake me. I think the ride (or the pressure) was getting to him since he pulled off after 25 miles of tight turns at great speeds. Awesome ride!

In the last year, the Rune has only gotten 150-200 miles because of working too much and because it's been too danged HOT (while the Wing got 20,000 miles running to and from work) ... but I'm looking forward to a 760 miles ride on Thursday and even more miles getting back home Monday and Tuesday. And in between, there'll be more riding around Erwin to make up for keeping her cooped up in the shop all year!

#56 ·
AMAZING how the fuel gauge always shows FULL!!:pepper1:
Awesome picture :clap2:
After I noticed the paint peeling off the bottom of my radiator cover caused by fuel being vented, I decided to fuel up DURING rides. In the past I would fill up at the end of a ride at a gas station 1 mile from my house. I am hoping that will keep it from venting and sitting, ruining the new paint.

#57 · (Edited)
Out for a little ride in the N. Georgia Mountains this afternoon...

Still some color in the lower elevations, but up in the mountains... it's dull and most of the leaves have fallen.

All Threes ...
3 bars on the fuel
33 miles per hour
33333 on the odometer

Should be 44444 before the Rune Rally... I hope!

#67 ·
Should be 44444 before the Rune Rally... I hope!

Well, I didn't hit 44444 before the Rally, but I hit it on the way home from the Rally...

All Fours ...
4 bars on the fuel

44 miles per hour
44444 on the odometer

Only one more like this to get...

All Fives!! :yes:

#63 ·
I know but the fun has just began..
I have, and ride, another motorcycle that many hopeful people have
on their wish list. It’s big, impressively massive and actually draws as
much or more unbelieving astonishment as does the Rune. At 5800cc
most of the questions I get from on lookers is, “why would anyone have
one of these”.

However even though its retail value exceeds the Rune if I were required
to dispose of one, the Rune would not be the one to go.
I know but the fun has just began..
.......and it just keeps growing

#68 ·
I managed to get fenceposts on the BRP during the Erwin rally ... but not perfect ... odometer read 11111 ... but I didn't dare try and do 111 mph on the BRP with the wet roads and traffic ... :-D
Hit 10k just after leaving home for the rally, and 12k just before arriving back at home (15 miles, I think).
Of course, in the past 2 years, I've also amassed 47k on the Wing ... so I don't feel too bad about not pushing the Rune farther.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.