Rune Rider Forums banner

My first Rune milestone!

57K views 117 replies 32 participants last post by  Dr. Dave 
#1 ·
Happened today in the mountains on a RTE to meet some of my Winger buddies....only I was a day early!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Used Rune

I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!

#3 · (Edited)
I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!
Rune had 2112 miles the day I got it, and after today I have put over 900 miles on it! Pretty cool huh?:hun1:

Now that its no longer icy and cold, I can finally put the skiis and snow shoes away and put miles on my Rune!

#13 ·
Need to get you a throttle locker and practice riding without hands.........that picture would have been even more monumentous if taken @ 40mph. And when you turn over 5,000 miles with 50mph on the speedo, and then 10,000 miles with 100mph on the speedo..............and so on... :lol:
Not sure I possess the desire do try that!:eek:4:

I have had it now a YEAR today infact.:capwin::capwin::capwin:

#15 ·
Need to get you a throttle locker and practice riding without hands.........that picture would have been even more monumentous if taken @ 40mph. And when you turn over 5,000 miles with 50mph on the speedo, and then 10,000 miles with 100mph on the speedo..............and so on... :lol:
Let's see, speed = mileage / 100, so I am coming up on 50k, which would equal 50k/100 = 500 mph. While she may look like she could do that, I don't think she could--not even drafting a Hayabusa.

#19 · (Edited)
I did 3400 during the Ralley and Pre Ralley...

FYi this is Rune Riders . com Not Rune admirers .com

I have no photos of my odometer.. However I could share some soot covers exhaust photos along with some patinaed fender edges..

A low mile Rune is a sin!!! The Rune Gods are going to be angry. Just like it is not good for the human soul, its not good for the Runes to sit still...

#25 ·
Next Rune rally should be in Colorado! I volunteer Phat6 so organize it.
You want to have the next Rune Rally in El Salvador or Alaska?! Those are the two potential biking destinations for me next summer. As they say in Erwin, if you want to go, "y'all com'on"!

AND some of the best riding in the county is in my back yard (well close enough) that I don't have to ride 1k miles to get there!!
Neither do I! That's why I spend 500 mile days in the twisties! I have had this Rune for 18 months and have put 23K miles on it. My first one had 36K on it at this age. :oops:
Uh. going with Falcon on this one.

#26 ·
Strong Eagle post by MO....now.....that's ...FUNNY (you'd have to know the WHOLE story). Inside joke......

Rune Rally moving ANYWHERE OTHER THAN ERWIN? NO. Not gonna' happen. (but yes, CO has great roads to ride....i'll agree with that! of course, TN and Northeast GA have EQUALLY impressive roads to ride). No, as long as i am putting on a Rune Rally, the one i put on...will ALWAYS be in Erwin. Of course, anyone else is always welcome to put on another Rune event anywhere else they please!

But the "one and only original officially board sponsored event"...will always be....in Erwin, TN. We've had this discussion MANY times here before, and hands down, the majority...especially those who have been to Erwin, always say "do NOT move it from Erwin". There are just too many positives and no reason to move..............

on another positive note....GOD....i'm glad...we don't have....a "Strong Eagle" on here (though a few may attempt to be like him at times??? :duck:). There are 3 or 4 characters over on that "other board"....that if they came over here and posted their crap, I WOULD KICK THEM OFF IMMEDIATELY....with a swift boot to the a$$ :croc:

#27 · (Edited)
Hit this milestone literally pulling into my driveway after doing a charity ride for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

#33 ·
I don't check no stinking mileage, I just ride hardcore. For me it is all about long hard rides in the wilderness with what ever the weather has to throw at me. That's what I'm saying. Can you dig it? I'm gone. ... Hardcore Sermonator

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.