My first Rune milestone! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 116 of 116

Thread: My first Rune milestone!

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milpitas, CA
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Wing View Post
    I'm curious too....
    Last time I bought tires was in 8/15/2015. Date codes were 2415. Got them at Rocky Mountainatv.

    I check several web sites for prices ,shipping cost and taxes. I have purchased from other suppliers. I would have to do some major research to know which ones.

    1COOLMC

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milpitas, CA
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1COOLMC View Post
    Last time I bought tires was in 8/15/2015. Date codes were 2415. Got them at Rocky Mountainatv.

    I check several web sites for prices ,shipping cost and taxes. I have purchased from other suppliers. I would have to do some major research to know which ones.

    1COOLMC
    Date code is 2424.

  4. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milpitas, CA
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1COOLMC View Post
    Date code is 2424.
    I will get this date cote right for the third time. Had no luck edit prevus post

    Correct date code is 2414

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RuneRiders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milpitas, CA
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUNE517 View Post
    I've used them for other items, never tires before.




    do you already use something to correct your speedo or have you ever checked to see just how accurate your speedo is or isn't? A REAR tire diameter change will alter your speedo. If that matters, is up to the individual. Heck, the speedo will will be altered to some small degree as a new rear tire (oem or otherwise) wears and it's diameter changes. Most people don't care about that small change. My speedo was off by 6+ % so I corrected it with an aftermath product, others just live with it if their speedo is off and adapt.




    kinda like the 2424 build date, that would make a tire good for one hell of a long time into the future!
    I have a Garmin GPS mounted on my left handle bar that gives the actual speed. I have had it mounted when OEM tires were installed and the bike display was off by 5-7 mph at the higher speeds.

    Did not know this at first. No wonder it took so look to make those trips to Tennessee!

    ICOOLMC

  7. #105
    Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Falcon Colorado
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUNE517 View Post
    I've used them for other items, never tires before.




    do you already use something to correct your speedo or have you ever checked to see just how accurate your speedo is or isn't? A REAR tire diameter change will alter your speedo. If that matters, is up to the individual. Heck, the speedo will will be altered to some small degree as a new rear tire (oem or otherwise) wears and it's diameter changes. Most people don't care about that small change. My speedo was off by 6+ % so I corrected it with an aftermath product, others just live with it if their speedo is off and adapt.




    kinda like the 2424 build date, that would make a tire good for one hell of a long time into the future!
    I'll keep that in mind...
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

  8. #106
    Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Falcon Colorado
    Posts
    1,071

    Default



    Well this sucks....Photobucket has killed all of my hotlinks....Trying FLickr

    Last edited by Falcon Wing; 07-01-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

  9. #107
    Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Falcon Colorado
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    ….

    mileage
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

  10. #108
    Infrequent Poster (
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!

  11. #109
    Administrator RedValk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Titus, AL
    Posts
    6,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fpoowks View Post
    I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!
    Hmmmm....this EXACT post was made by Dog back in APRIL of 2010....a decade ago. It is found early on in this thread......and repeated here:

    Quote Originally Posted by dog View Post
    I recall you joining the board before the ownership of a Rune,correct me if I'm wrong.....is the milestone for you or for the Rune?? When you bought it what was the mileage. Whats the mileage on that other bike? Did you buy it new? Whats its mileage? Funny I watched my second Rune turn 34000 2day,294 miles 2day! Same or more tomorrow. Ride safe all!
    Rune had 2112 miles the day I got it, and after today I have put over 900 miles on it! Pretty cool huh?

    Now that its no longer icy and cold, I can finally put the skiis and snow shoes away and put miles on my Rune!
    Now a new user who joined TODAY....fpoowks....uses that same post again a decade later? What is the point? The first reply to this post a decade ago clearly answered the question 10 years ago...he bought it used with 2112 miles on it. ALL the miles he has put on it since....are his miles.

    A very strange....puzzling....(maybe even kind of bewildering or inappropriate?) post ....indeed..................

    ....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile



    DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by


    STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE



    ___________
    Tim/REDVALK

  12. #110
    Member MO Rune Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedValk View Post
    Hmmmm....this EXACT post was made by Dog back in APRIL of 2010....a decade ago. It is found early on in this thread......and repeated here:



    Now a new user who joined TODAY....fpoowks....uses that same post again a decade later? What is the point? The first reply to this post a decade ago clearly answered the question 10 years ago...he bought it used with 2112 miles on it. ALL the miles he has put on it since....are his miles.

    A very strange....puzzling....(maybe even kind of bewildering or inappropriate?) post ....indeed..................
    Perhaps it's a SERIOUS language barrier?

  13. #111
    Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) pete in Mena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mena, AR
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MO Rune Rider View Post
    Perhaps it's a SERIOUS language barrier?
    when we stated we needed more traffic to avoid disappearing again ... I'm not sure this is what we meant.
    It's too bad that "common sense" isn't

    pete in Mena
    '09 GL1800 CBC Goldwing ABS '04 CBC chrome Rune

  14. #112
    Member Skip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southern interior of BC
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete in Mena View Post
    when we stated we needed more traffic to avoid disappearing again ... I'm not sure this is what we meant.
    Speaking to the "more traffic" point; hosts of Sites like "ours" get their income from advertisers. Advertisers pay hosts for eyeballs.

    My new (personal) plan is to at least open and glance at all ads presented by our hosts.

    You all should do exactly as you wish...

    skip
    "Careful what you trust on the internet" -Winston Churchill

  15. #113
    Infrequent Poster (
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Having also recently purchased a Rune, and joined this group, I have started to look through posts. I probably, if I was curious, have asked a similar question, rather than read through 6 pages of posts, so cut us newbies a little slack, please???

    That being said, bought my Rune in November, and have already put 600+ miles on it. It had less than 2500 miles on it when I got it. (2005 model). Love the Rune, they are meant to be ridden, not stared at.

    Ride safe, and enjoy!!

    Mike

  16. #114
    Administrator RedValk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Titus, AL
    Posts
    6,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmike View Post
    Having also recently purchased a Rune, and joined this group, I have started to look through posts. I probably, if I was curious, have asked a similar question, rather than read through 6 pages of posts, so cut us newbies a little slack, please???

    That being said, bought my Rune in November, and have already put 600+ miles on it. It had less than 2500 miles on it when I got it. (2005 model). Love the Rune, they are meant to be ridden, not stared at.

    Ride safe, and enjoy!!

    Mike
    oh i have ZERO problem with someone asking a question that has been answered before.....but what I found QUITE curious (in fact even suspicious), is when someone goes to the trouble to scan all the way back through an old post....and quote the exact text of an earlier post.....again like this individual did (when the same EXACT question was already asked long ago). That's more than just odd. And an IP that tracks to Ukraine.....also kind of suspicious. I'm just doing my job as Admin and doing my due diligence... sniffing out possible trouble. That same individual did something similar on another post. I replied to it.....they never replied back.

    Again, things that make you go "uh"?

    Repeat or old questions....no problem....ask away.

    ....click on the map to see details on what areas of the globe have visited my profile



    DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY...words to live by


    STATES I'VE RIDDEN VIA MOTORCYCLE



    ___________
    Tim/REDVALK

  17. #115
    Frequent Poster (>1000 posts) Falcon Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Falcon Colorado
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Part of the reason I started this thread was because "back in the days" people made fun of those that didn't ride the same as they did ( either little or a lot)…..
    It's like someone telling me how I should I cook my own steak...

    And, I had to think about it, since I've owned it, only about 5 miles was not put on by me.
    Last edited by Falcon Wing; 02-17-2020 at 11:53 PM. Reason: ***Coming up on 10 years since the thread started!***
    01 IR Wing
    04 CBC Rune

  18. #116
    Infrequent Poster (
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Well one thing I do know, it's awfully fun to ride the Rune! Nothing else like it for me, so far!!

    Ride safe,

    Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •