Rune Rider Forums banner

Can anyone help a Scottish Runerider get parts from the US?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RuneSki 
#1 ·
I know this could be argued as being against the law but only by someone being technically pedantic..... my beloved Rune needs a new ECM and hence two new ignition keys and I can only get them from the US. Being an upright company, and apparently the only source for these things, Partzilla is obliged to show the value of these parts on a Customs declaration on their packages which means I will get clobbered with 20% import duty plus handling charges making a $341 base cost turn into a $500 deal!

If someone would be kind enough, and honest enough, to accept delivery in the US and then post the package to me with an "alternative, but not ludicrous" value shown on the customs slip and describing the contents as a "gift", it could save me a lot of money...a small bonus after a ruined biking summer. I'll happily pay for the shipping cost and your time (within reason ;o) )

Thanks everyone!
Doug

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.