Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
05 Rune

Jeff
Besides the 5 in the VIN ....did you note any changes?.... I think someone on this board said the HONDA on the rear fender was raised lettering... true? Anything else?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Future Rune?

Hmmm, you say that Rune was built on June 4th, 2005, and it's in a dealer's showroom? Wow, Honda's so efficient they've already built the Rune's of the future! :wink:

john

·
Registered
236 Posts
As keeper of the VIN List I noticed one other difference in the VIN Number, The Seq. portion after the "A" starts with a 1 ..... 100234. The 04's started with a 0.

Checking the 04 build dates the end around March / April 04, so it looks like Honda started producing 05's in June of 2004.

Honda's BS and handling of info about the Rune ... one year only - limited to one per dealer.. yes we are making a 05 ... no we are not making a 05... etc. is the one thing that makes me wonder if a made a "good" purchase.

It would be kind of nice when you are talking to somebody about the bike that you could say ... It was a one time / one production run / special build by Honda. Not .... they kept making them until they flooded the market and pissed off everone that bought into the "Limited" banner.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The only thing limited about the Rune is that I am limited to owning "1".
Since I have never seen a Rune on the road other than RedValk's at his house, I still think the bike is kind of limited. But, rarity does not make something precious if it is not precious to begin with. This means I did not buy into the "limited" moniker. I bought into the Rune after I turned the corner onto I-26 during my 'test ride' that Luke's of Summerville let me take.

ken (29,900 miles)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts