Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Rune Owners:
I hust pressed the people at the Honda Exhibit at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show last night about the Rune being produced or not for 2005?
They said, a yes!
I said is that the official word from Honda?
He Said, Yes!
It will be produced in 2005.
He was from the Torrance Office and as you all know is the headquarters for the Honda Motorcycle Division.
The guy thought I was a reporter or something. Wasn't too happy when I pressed him for the information.
I hoped it would not be produced either guys owning a Rune myself. I want it as collectores item, now! He said we also do not give out the official numbers of how many were produced. Also, he said they will not change anything as far as the style on the 2005 Model.
I said our guys (our Rune Site) pretty well know it is around 1500!
I do not think this gentlemen liked me very much pressing him on the Rune.
Of course, guess what was on the turnstile for their show... The Rune!

I hope we have cleared the air once and for all on this issue. The show is running through this Sunday at the Long Beach Convention Center where the Rune was first debuted, what four yeras ago?
Hope this helps I know some people are either going to be mad at me or don't believe me. But that is straight from the horses mouth and what he said! I just don't get Honda on one minute not producing, then producing?
Sure like to keep us Rune owners in the dark!

Terry

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bike show

I was there also. The honda guy I talked wanted to know everything I liked and disliked about the Rune. He was pretty straight forward with answers. See my post.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Weather or not an 05 or an 06 are produced I could care less I got mine,however for the record that same bike you saw on the platform at the show was not an 05 if you looked at the date of production sticker as I did it clearly stated 2004.
just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bike Show

That was the first thing I looked at on both.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
That's fine if you care less or not I am just stating what alot of us were wondering. And yes, that was VIN # 28 for the Illusion Blue and of course an 04 Rune. What I am saying is that Honda would not say one way or the other about the Rune until now in late 04. What is interesting is that they will not change the design for the 05 Model. I feel we have cycle that will look in style even 10 to 20 years from now?
Thanks Guys, nothing new really at this years show, except for the accident with the advertisment banner (made out of steel) came crashing down at one of chrome exhaust exhibitors (behind Honda) stand last night. Lucky, no one was injured, scary!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
the next generation

Hi
combining all the news we may expect something of really new.

flat 8 (eight) 2.000 cc.

presentation spring 2005 deliveries july 2006.

but very difficult to extract from the cilinder a bike with a better look than the Rune

the bike sale in europe is down. due to velox controll and accidents the segment of sport bikes is going down. economy is also bad but a segment of customers demands exclusive bikes.

ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would love to see the rune with a flat eight. Not that we need any extra power or bulk, but just for shear WOW power!! They could also push the HP of our current engine up a couple of notches, just to show they can do it! :cop2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Up here in Canada eh the rumor is , they want all the money up front for a 2005 model
big show in Toronto still had 2004 Rune on display

either way I don't care I bought mine to ride and have 15000 plus miles
on in a year . dealer screwed up mine rims when changing tires so got a new set at the chrome shop getting chromed hope to have back in a couple more weeks.

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
nothing new here. They're just saying what they already said before. If you want a Rune.....in 2005....you can have one. It will be a 2004 model. Red, black, or blue. Not a 'new' 2005. Still keep beating this dead horse i see. Yes, they'll sell you a 2004 Rune....whenever you want it. they'll keep trying to sell them as long as they can! nothing surprising about that....

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
but so far....no VIN tag says 2005. and i doubt any will. they'll say 2004. They'll just keep selling 04 bikes until there is no demand.....

·
Registered
692 Posts
honda engines

flat-six and flat-eight engine configurations and displacements up to 2000cc, customer response overwhelmingly points to a flat-six of about 1800cc displacement. In 1998, a full-scale model is created.

my web engine found the up coments non in a web page but in its Html. :D

considering the page where j found this lost coment. it is practically sure
a flat 8 was developped by Honda and very probabily in 2000 cc.

ciao
Hannibal/Holmes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cant see them building an 05 model there is to many sitting on dealer floors and there smart enough not to through good money after bad. I dont see the dealers saying we will take more RUNES either. My 2 cents

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was there saturday morning and confirmed also that there will be an 05.

The man saw it come off the production line. "with my own two eyes", he said.

Its over Tim

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
as you know....'you guys' just keep talking about these 05s. have been for some time. ELP JC, others. But there still aint none to be seen. their web site still just shows the same old 04s. Same colors.

So i'll say again, YES....you can get an 04...repeat an 04 Rune...for some time to come. they'll sell ya' one. They'll role one off the line. But there won't be any 05 NEW models. There won't be any with any new colors/features/etc. And there won't be any stamped with 05 on the frame. They'll just be 04s sold in 05. PERIOD.

I keep telling you that....but hey, you keep believing what you want to believe. that's your right.

But as i've said MANY, MANY times before.....until i SEE an 05...with an 05 date stamped on the frame, then it's all a dream. Remember, we've heard ALL these rumors...over and over and over....from all sorts of sources. But in the end....no 05.

Nope....i'll continue to put all my bets on this story. i notice not nearly as many as in the past are willing to take me up on that bet either :wink: and still....no 05s...........

You guys just keep waiting :twisted: ......and waiting.....and waiting.......

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
The show was "Okay". I gave them feedback about the show. I feel last year was better with new bikes released and the products for cycles seemed to be better as far as variety of items available. The girls (models) looked good from Harley, I must say! Happy Holidays to all your Rune Riders out there and drive safe during the Holiday Season!
All the Best!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
J am purchasing a GW1800 2005.

checking the specifications j found:

difference between 2004 and 2005 models = logo 30years jaree on the front, a new colour (red cherry for Italy) no other differences except

500 us$ more :shock:

500 us$ for the logo ?? gold logo??

luckily today euro/dollar 1/1,345 = you export and Hannibal save some money. :p

ciao, great Honda

·
Registered
390 Posts
Now even 'Motorcycle Cruiser' mag have got something to say on the topic.

Quote from the latest editions' (Feb 05) 'buyers guide'....."Although originally intended as a one-time-only model, Honda saw enough demand to set up a special Rune assembly line in Ohio to make another, smaller batch for 2005. It gets minor graphic changes, such as different badges, and all '05 Runes have chrome wheels....".

Badges! we don't need no stinking new badges. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts