Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any info on the 2006 Goldwings, new colors, improvements,etc?. Not sure to buy now or next years.
Thanks,
Rich K ( Rune Ski )
There might be a Wing in my future :!:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't think there will be vast improvements in the Wing next year but this is just my opinion. I decieded to buy a Wing this year (2005) and have moved my search to Ohio to find a Candy Black Cherry ABS bike to be delivered in July. I will be flying out to rde it back to California. I got 15% off MSRP and no Ohio tax, I will register it in CA and have to pay the almost 10% sales and license tax, but the savings is well worth the ride home (2630miles). I've already got an XM radio, full mapping GPS that talks to me (Garmin Quest) and Radar detector to mount on it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
LOV2KRZ said:
I don't think there will be vast improvements in the Wing next year but this is just my opinion. I decieded to buy a Wing this year (2005) and have moved my search to Ohio to find a Candy Black Cherry ABS bike to be delivered in July. I will be flying out to rde it back to California. I got 15% off MSRP and no Ohio tax, I will register it in CA and have to pay the almost 10% sales and license tax, but the savings is well worth the ride home (2630miles). I've already got an XM radio, full mapping GPS that talks to me (Garmin Quest) and Radar detector to mount on it.
I have bought several bikes out of state and until you have 7500 miles and now 1 year old (was 90 days) you won't get it in California due to the smog crap we have. I have one now I got from Florida so I had it license in Or. If you get it in let me know so I can learn something.

Adrian

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am honing in on a dark gray non ABS. I was trying to get a black cherry one myself but they are hard to find here in Central ( Southern ) Jersey. I will be offering a dealer $19.000 out the door. Options wanted are C.B radio ,antenna,spoiler,fog lights,rear speakers,all items dealer installed.
I will put my bid in tomorrow,Monday 5/23 at dealer # 3 . I was turned down at the place where I purchased my Rune when I presented the same bid on the identical Wing at dealer #2. and dealer # 1 also refused the same offer earlier that same day on a Graywing in his showroom.
Im trying, VERY TRYING on their patience :lol:
Wish me luck Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Steven, Make sure you check with your local DMV before making your move. I am a Toyota dealer in Utah and even on all the Toyota's with 50 state EM's, the Ca. DMV's will not lic. them. They have to be lic. as used and have at least 7500 miles on them. It is not an emissions thing anymore, it is a bunch of political BS. Ed

·
Registered
46 Posts
RuneSki! Hey Man!

Yes, It's me! I have thought about you guys often and have stopped through here every once in a while to see what's happening. I was excited to see that you were buying a GoldWing! Along with my chopper, I love the heck out of my 2005 GoldWing! I have it in the Blue and was able to talk my dealer down to around 17,000. It so smooth on the hiway and I really love it on long rides. Now that it's getting ready to be rainy season I'll be riding it more than the chopper, which, just like the Rune, is a different attitude of riding...hehe...
Say 'Hi' to the guys for me!
Talk to you soon!
John 'Doc'

·
Registered
236 Posts
Steve,

Read your post about buying a Gold Wing. I am sure you will love it.... are you keeping your other bikes?

If you find out that the CA does not allow the Ohio bike .... I would be glad to pick it up for you and put the 7500 miles / one year on it ... no charge...

Our Company / Town July 4 ( July 2) cookout / fireworks is planned... stop by for a Beer / BBQ if it works out time wise there's always room ....

Hope all has been well and congrat's ..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have an '01 Wing that now has 68,000 miles on it along with my '04 Rune at 10,000 miles. I use the Rune as my day cruiser when meeting my friends that mainly ride Harleys or Harley look-a-likes or choppers although there are two other Wings in this large group. My Wing is used on my trips of 200 miles or more including trips of several days.

I really appreciate both of my bikes for these different purposes. While the great looks of the Rune are superior to the Wing, you just cannot beat it for performance and touring capability! And if I could only have one it would be the Gold Wing.

As for improvements in '06, I have not seen any official information. Typically Honda is very good at keeping their new offerings secret. Any "news" that you may see posted here and in other places are just speculation until you see them in the showroom.

As for the '06 introduction, I have seen Honda offer new year models in as early as June to as late as December.

Buy your Wing now and you will never look back. It's a great bike!

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Yea....rumor has it Wayne has a Rune...though so far, every event he has showed up and i have ridden with him, he was on a Wing :oops: I may just have to go to his house to see if he really does indeed own a Rune :twisted:

just kiddin' with ya' Wayne......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts