Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rec'd March 2005 "Cruising Rider" magazine.Page 45 has the 2005 Honda's including a 2005 Valkyrie Rune.... It says..."For 2005, the Rune is a late release model, said to be undergoing only small changes and losing one of the models previous wheel options." So I guess they are saying there is a 2005 Rune which is the same as the 2004 but with only 1 wheel option... Folled us all but makes sence that they have the carcas' for 3000 and sold much less than that... Who will pay what we paid for a bike with a 2 year old date on it.... But hey... that probably does mean no more 2004's will be made...A true collectors item...that is if I don't wear it out in the next few years...:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I posted here last year wondering what the resale on these Runes would be in light of dealers advertising them in my market area for $5000 off list price, I was essentially lambasted as an idiot for not knowing that this was a one-year only limited edition bike that wouldn't be available next year. Now Honda is making them for 2005. Is that strictly because the original intended production run didn't sell out in 2004?

By the way I essentially agree that if you buy a bike like the Rune resale value isn't the top priority, but anyone that says it doesn't matter at all isn't being 100% candid. If I owned a Rune that would be like the resale value on my house: it only matters IF you go to sell the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.