Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Valkyrie Rune:
Well gentlemen here it is the Official 2005 Valkyrie Rune. You guys said I did not know what I was talking about the 2005 It is now officially the 2005 whether it be a 2004 or not! There it is at there website a: 2005. Maybe some of you with your opinions need to think twice instead of putting people down and saying they do not know what they are talking about and you know who I am talking about who was relentless that it wasn't being built! Well some people may see that it was to be built and know some knowledge instead jumping over other peoples cases saying they have no knowledge on this subject, or know what they are talking about!!! Sorry guys, when I am Right I am Right and don't jump the gun on something like this!!!
Here is the official link to Honda guys for the 2005 Rune!!! Enjoy!!!

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle ... d=NRX18EB5

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
That website link has errors and wont let me choose 05

I would check the VIN to confirm it was built as an O5 model. Not a rehash.

Hmmm, but I would not consider the original Rune as Hash that could be rehashed!

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
ok....so you can put a stamp on a bike and call it an 05....and charge 1000 bucks more. Whatever. Go buy one 8)

I'm not losing any sleep over this. Obviously some are :oops:

My suggestion.....by a Rune for the CHEAPEST price you can....cause they are ALL THE SAME. oh, and anyone who could possibly be upset over any of this discussion, get over it.

This is still April 1st.....this story might be developing for awhile :wink:

as for me, i'll be riding my two existing bikes....and dang happy with them. if a bike with some plastic/chrome colored letters on the fender and an '05' designation makes someone happy, i say they should buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...on a much more important note...if someone can get this rain to stop here....before we wash away...please do 8)

·
Registered
534 Posts
´05 Valkyrie Rune

Runeator and Tim,

Combined with the information on the other on the Board developing thread for the moment about ´05 VIN tags, I think the conclusion is, that the ´05 Valkyrie Rune is here now ...

-It´s a bit like the 30th anniversary logo on the fairing of the ´05 GL1800 with that rear fender on the ´05 Rune , isen't it ... :roll:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
yea....but i STILL say it's just an 04......really......it's "semantics" i guess :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
05 Rune

I see nothing wrong or even unusual about a motorcycle that essentially remains the same from one year to the next. It's a common practice for many models from many manufacturers. For example, before they stopped making it in 2003, the Honda Nighthawk 750 went unaltered for over a decade, the Yamaha VMax saw few changes in several decades, and there were several times when the Goldwing changed not a whit between years. So I fail to understand why there is any disappointment or disapproval over Honda's decision to make no substantive changes for the 2005 Rune. Who cares? The 04 is great; the 05 is great. Let's move on to something else.

john

·
Registered
42 Posts
05 Rune part 2

I just noticed a couple of differences between the 04 and 05 specs on the Honda Rune site. The 04 model lists the dry weight as 794 pounds. The 05 dry weight is listed as 811 pounds. The 04 figure must be reflect the spec wheels, which means the additional chrome on the wheels adds 8.5 pounds per wheel. Wow, 17 pounds of chrome! I wonder if those with chrome wheels suffer any noticeable effect on gas mileage

Also, and much more important, only the 05 is listed now as having a transferable 3-year warranty, with optional extended coverage. And, only the 05 model specs list "unlimited mileage, unlimited warranty." The 04 specs just say “3 years. Coverage of defects in materials and workmanship.” Hmmm.

Those in the market to buy a new Rune should probably check out whether these differences in warranty specs are just omissions on the spec sheet or actual differences in warranty coverage.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Price difference between ´04 Valkyrie Rune and ´05 Valkyrie

Hi all,

- and looking at : http://powersports.honda.com/rune/, this website has been updated, too.

The price difference between the ´04 Valkyrie Rune (chrome wheels) and the ´05 Valkyrie Rune is USD 1,000 on the Base MSRP, as I have reached out for my HP 12 C with OOBN - a CPA is "figure blind" - can't deduct two figures without "life critical support gear" :!:

- (Allmost) as Hannibal stated about the 30th anniversary logo on the ´05 GL 1800 : That's a lot of doe for a logo on the rear fender :!:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
John/WHATaMARUNE....I couldn't agree more with ya'. Like you said, who cares? Let's move on. If you want a Rune....get one. If not....move on. I've got two...I'm happy with both of em'. Even the one that did have BBS for awhile!

A lot of the people that kept going on and on about 05s were folks who didn't even own a Rune. As a member of the Rune 'family' here, i found it kind of amusing all the opinions they have/had about the bike without even owning one. So I loved poking fun at them and the 05.

We'll have to find something new to joke about now i suppose 8)

I will extend this 'peace offering'...any one who shows up at the Rune Rally this September with a bike that has an official "5" in the VIN...indicating a no kidding 05 model, i'll buy them a drink and shake their hand :wink:

So what do we talk about now? What type of oil to use? Tires? BBS? What's next :lol:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
wait a minute! Drinks are supposed to be FREE at the rally!!!!

Let's talk about how can I swivel mount my .50AE TR-15 http://www.tromix.com
on my handlebars without getting in the way of my Corbin Rattly Faring that wont let me install ShopDogs digital tach???

·
Registered
12 Posts
04 OR 05 IT'S BADASS

A RUNE , IS A RUNE, IS A RUNE!!!!
RIDE IT , CLEAN IT, LOVE IT, IT'S A RUNE !!
LOOK AT IT , IT THE WILDEST THING TO COME DOWN THE PIKE ,
IN A LOOOONG TIME, YOU OWN ONE AND IT'S A RUNE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts