Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with the refusal of the VRCC to recognize the Rune in any way? (Other than the nice T-Shirts..thanks!)

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/inzane/iz5_1000Valk.htm

Anyone notice the lack of the Rune in the nice artwork they created for the 1000 Valk March for Joe Boyd? I know that Joe might have not had anything to do with the Rune, but the Rune is still a Valkyrie. There seems to have been an attempt to show each model made: Standard, Tourer and Interstate.

The Rune is still a Valkyrie and I feel it should be included in any discussion or artwork depicting the history and/or lineage of the Valkyrie.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Well, it appears in that website the Rune was sort of "blown off" as
not being Joe's Brainchild for the True Valk
being expensive and not practical

Also, in my opinion, the Rune has more Goldwing blood in it than Valk, because of the engine. It is "The Rune" -- I seldom refer to it as a Valkyrie Rune.

So, the Rune is an anomaly. We Runers are anomalies and a small, very small, sect of impractical spendthrifts who own an amazing machine.

I kinda like being on the outer fringe. So be it. Let us delete Valkyrie from the nomenclature of "The Rune."

Ken (32,160 miles -- and I hope 200,000 more miles to go)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Valkyrie and Rune have always been spin-offs of the GoldWing, at least mechanically. GL1500 for the Valkyrie. Everybody knows that the drivetrain from all the Valkyries/Runes were pretty much lifted straight from the GoldWings they came from(with minor modifications).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Valkyrie

All I know is I would HATE to be in the VRCC and have RuneRod mad at me... :eek:4: I want you in my foxhole when the outsiders start shooting... :beer3:

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's just an opinion

Shawn,

- As Ken wrote - take it as the personal opinion of the author (his 1st amendment right to do so) and not as official VRCC attitude/opinion.

You know the finish of the Rune etc. down to every detail - one of the most impressive photos I've ever seen of the Rune is actually on Your own website - and that goes for the finish of the Rune .

I simply love that pic ! - You should have been in TUX shooting that pic :!: 8) :yes:

- If a fly tries to use Your rear fender as runway at a landing it will crash land - simply just slide on it's a** off the fender :!: :D 8) :yes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! That's actually a pretty good picture. I'm trying to remember what wax I put on the bike for that picture. It was either Meguiar's NXT or 1Z (Einzett) Metallic Polish. Don't remember

·
Registered
534 Posts
Now we're at it ...

Hi all,

- Now we're at it : Any good site to read about the Valk and the history about it, models, colors for the year etc. ? - Something like the GW history on Honda´s website ...

I think only about 10 came to Denmark in '99 - all black F6C´s, so not much local information to get here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts