Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would one of you owners fron any other state other than Californian that does not own a California bike please tell me the exact wording on the ID plate on the neck so that I may compare it to a California ID plate. If you coul e-mail me a legible picture that I can read would be even better. I am trying to buy a Utah bike and need to see the difference. I knowt that the VIN number breakdown it's the verbage I would like to know.

Many thanks in advance and hope to be joining you on the road.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wha....what a screen shot

Hey Airborneod....Your's running bear or whatever it is ...for the second time in my life ....has me thinking about pulling out my 20 gauge and blowing my computer off the desk....I better shut down before I do... :22yikes:

·
Registered
378 Posts
NOt sure a photo will help

If the sticker doesn't say ..."meets USEPA and the State of Calfironia emissions standards for 2005 model year vehiceles for hydrocarbons of x mg/mile and NOx of xmg/mile... you won't be able to register it in California unless the bike is over one year old from original date of service (first registered in another state) or has over 7500 miles on it (I believe it is an "or" requirement not an "and" requirement). If it meets those requirements it shouldn't matter what the emissions sticker says.

The air resources board can give you the exact requirement and there is link on the dmv.ca.gov website.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If Steven is right about the mileage requirement couldn't someone just ride the hell out a the bike out of state for a while and get it registered after topping 7.5K? That sounds odd to me. (In fact that is strictly prohibited, it turns out)

Here's how the 7500 mi relates to registration:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/osreg.htm#BM2561
It's CA legal definition of a "new" vehicle as far as registration goes.

This is the ARB's pamphlet for registering out of state vehicles in CA:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/NonCAVeh/NonCAVeh.pdf

Sounds pretty restrictive!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good usefull information

Runefox,

- That's usefull information - what have You decided to do ? - what was Your conclusion with regards the bikes VIN # ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts