Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think all you gentlemen on this board have done some search on the Net about the origin of the terms Valkyrie and Rune, and its relations to the old nordic mythology.

As I´m sure you know Rune is the term of the script applied in that era, mostly applied on stones, approx. 1000 years ago, when the danish people was just not a proud people, but also a guite wild and imperialistic people, too - called the vikings.

The vikings are so far the only people who have had succes invading Great Britain, which happened at the great battle at Hastings on the east coast of Great Britain in the year 1066. Not even Germany made it so far in WWII.

With all respect for the board members general knowledge, I´m quite sure that you don´t know that Rune is an approved male first name here in Denmark.

I´ve run a seach on the net search engine of the danish statistic agency for some statistics on the name, and found the following :

In ´03 5.824 male persons had the first name Rune.
In ´04 5.872 male persons had the first name Rune.

The name is nearly not used for male persons of an age of 35+ years.

Thus the conclusion must be that at least 48 male babies to this date here in Denmark was given the name Rune in the Rune year ´04.

The danish population is about 5,5 mio., so the name is not common.

As far as I´m informed, the male first name Rune is used in Norway, Sweden, Iceland and on the Faroe Islands, too.

- Now we all know ...

John

·
Registered
692 Posts
G.B

Hi
j wish to point out that the first people invading G.B where Romans.

They tasted porridge and decided to go back. :p

a few people remained there and when Danish arrived later found pizza shops.

Very interesting that the name Rune is used. A few names for a few bikes.
My area in north italy has some Celtic past. Rune is part of the Celtic culture. In the north Italy as at the european parlament there is a political part Lega Nord , its logo is a green "Celtic Sun".
About Rune and Celtics j am looking for logo and stile dresses.
The best logo j may find at present is the Dragoon, all from Walles.
Do you know where to find other nice logo? j wish to put on my jaket.

ciao
Hannibal

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hannibal,

Yes you´re right, the vikings were not the only people to invade Great Britain, but the last who have done it. - Sorry.

John

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get your Rune ?

Steven,

I´ve got a lot of information in a steady coming stream from the other side of the Atlantic in the last two weeks - guite a lot of update, very specific and detailed information, that I´m processing these days.

The moderators on the board and the guys on the board resident in California have all been very helpfull with good constructive advice, rekommendations, references etc. Some of the guy´s have even made telephone calls to dealers on my behalf, and others have taken my contact as opportunity to have a weekend ride to a dealer for picking up information.

- And I´ve had electronic consultations at the italian shrink named Dr. Lecter !

- I´m simply overwealmed ! - Thank you guys ! - Nobody specific mentioned - nobody forgotten.

Perhaps I´ll post seperately when I´ve had ended the processing of the data. It may be usefull for other guys, too.

John

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi hannibal. Are you coming to Wales with the rest of the Italian VRCC for Xmas. Another Roman invasion!.
If you are, you'll see that dragons are everywhere because it's our national symbol. There are dragon's on T' shirts, flags, badges, on the town hall, buses, mugs.... You name it. There are fat ones, thin ones. red ones, green ones, gold ones........ You'll be able to buy T'shirts with cool Celtic motifs with dragons on. They make for great ideas for murals etc.
Hope you can make it.
Steve.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi John, j did but hannibal in celtic not special.
hi Runeroad, j already booked for wales meeting. j will carry some wine and salami. we will have a food exchange. hahhahaha
yes dragon is your national logo and very pretty . j was looking for something of different not to stole any idea or logo to "owners"

j need to put a great logo on my jaket, j need help.

ciao
hannibal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts