Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting the bike in two weeks and need a litlle help. Do I need to install a security system such as an alarm with ignition disable features. I saw one on E-Bay made by THOR, anyone have any info they would like to share?

TIA

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alarms

There was a discussion of this subject earlier, and one of the more creative theft rings (think it was in FL), simply tips your bike onto a lift on a van and drives away. Not sure what an alarm would do for you.

Lojac does make a motorcycle system but has a very limited service area these days. Might check them out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Airborneod,

I installed a "Stop Thief" system as soon as I purchased my bike. It is a motorcycle alarm system and has two arming modes ... with and without perimeter defense.

Because of the HONDA HISS that is standard on a RUNE I did not tie it into the ignition system ..... your Rune will not start wilthout the Rune Key.

The perimeter defense is kind of nice .... stops people from getting too close... two set of warning beeps then the alarm activates...

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
southern gun culture....

...here in Alabama, we just shoot them if they get too close to the bike 8) No....really....that's our security system.

But honestly, i never have even thought of putting anything on mine. i've had it two years....i've taken it to InZane twice....the Hoot....Daytona for Biketoberfest....lots of smaller rallies....and ride it to somehwere in this state or GA or FL almost every weekend. I don't worry about it with the HISS system on it. Heck, 99% of the time i don't even lock the fork.

But then....really....i truly am part of that Southern Gun CUlture thing :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts