Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
we welcome competition and variety here. the more...the merrier. if Windvest would have made these sizes, then this other company wouldn't have felt a need to produce the product and market it. But alas, Windvest didn't.

i'm thinking many will want those alternate sizes! thanks for sharig the info!

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I just requested a clear 19" shield, thanks for the heads-up.

P.S. I’ll need to remove it when riding in Boca Raton, which is known for a population of
puritanical compulsive neurotic obsessive poop-po-heads.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Other Source

I was not happy with WindVest's lack of concern for alternate sizes so I contacted ClearView http://www.clearviewshields.com for a custom 18x18. they now have the shape so other sizes can be made. It takes a good 3 weeks (mine took 2 months since it was the first) but they have made other OEM Shields for me in the past.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Rich I have no clue?

This morning I was in a rush, I saw the post, went to the site, ordered the 19” tall and went on about my business.

I just check the web site and I didn’t see a width noted. It’s only $110.00, including shipping so I can’t go too wrong. If I don’t like it I’ll lie to you about how great it is and sell it to you for a slight mark-up.

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Chuck,
I'll take as many as you can get for that deal :yes:
Born in Poland yesterday :!: Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Just ordered my lt. gray tinted replacement windshield from Clearview for the windvest. I am having it made 2" wider and 2" higher than stock. Spoke to a very nice gentleman named Craig. Approx 2 weeks for delivery. By then the snow should be gone.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I just received my Cee Bailey’s Aircraft 19” WindVest replacement shield. Too Narrow, won’t fit, can’t make it work, a waste of my money and useless.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
FOR SALE

A lovely hand crafted custom designed Cee Bailey’s Aircraft wind shield; a perfect addition to your Rune.

Act now there is a limited supply.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I spoke with them this evening and they asked me to make a template, of what I wanted, and send it to them along with the ill fitting shield.

I took the original WinVest shield and traced it on paper, to locate the attachment holes. Then I folded it in half, lengthwise, and used that as a guide for the pattern I am returning. I also provided inside and outside measurements. I extended the sides by about an inch and one half and the length to nineteen inches. I’d like it higher but I afraid it would end up looking like a popsicle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts