Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my Rune in a motorcycle show this weekend for the first time.
There was approximately 150 motorcycles in the show most of them very nice customs.
Well to my surprise The Rune took the peoples choice award!
I was given a very nice plaque and had to stay after the show for a photo shoot with the thunder Girls :p .
This plaque should make all of us proud to own the Rune.
I was told this was only the second time a non Harley won this award.
The people have spoken :!:
http://members.aol.com:/madroober/pca

Todd
Rune 31

·
Swamp Rat
6,991 Posts
WOW!!!!................that is Just Great!!!!!

A beautiful Black Cherry Rune and a Magnificent Commutative Bronze Plaque.
We are all proud of you and want to join with you in celebrating this momentous occasion by preserving this perpetually in the photographic archives.

POST PICTURES OF THE THUNDER GIRLS.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Rich those motorcycles were in the show and maybe another dozen or more just as nice :!:
The orange wild looking chopper was best of show.
I was surprised to get the peoples choice award with all the full blown customs then a friend reminded me how I saw the Rune for the first time. WOW :!:
I still feel the same when I look at my Rune :D
With this award we all should be proud to own one of the finest motorcycles ever made :D
The People Have spoken :!:

Todd
Rune 31

·
Swamp Rat
6,991 Posts
Where I live it motorcycle Heaven.

Every week there is at lease one gathering, most weeks within fifty miles there are several. The ones here, like everywhere else, are all the same.
Same vendors, same 50/50, mostly Harleys, lots of customs, the same plastic beer cups and cheap prizes for the bikes that get the most votes.

On the few occasions I arrive early I am always encouraged to get a number and enter my Rune. I’ve never done so because I did not want to take a chance of not winning. This is Harley Davidson country and I can’t envision these HD guys voting for a Honda.

They all stop to look, most express praise, some admiration and a few envy, but voting for a Honda as being better than a Hog, I don’t foresee it happening.
I ride a Rune, the best motorcycle there is, and I will not allow anyone to judge it that doesn’t see it my way.

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
funny you should mention that Chuck. I've entered my Rune in SEVERAL bike shows....and in EVERY one, mine has won nothing. Even little local shows......even when i was competing against stock bikes....."rat" bikes....it didn't matter, mine never wins. At the big Valk Rally.....in our class....which was considered 'stock'....there were three Runes entered....and three stock Valks. Now, i own a Valk. Fine bike. But these were three STOCK Valks. Not only did one of the Runes not win....but there was a second place too....and none of the Runes got that.

Like you said Chuck, i think the mentality was (it was people's choice)...."this is a Valk Rally....and we are Valk people...and we'll be darned if some Rune....no matter HOW MUCH COOLER/BETTER LOOKING IT IS....is going to win anything here". So the plain old stock Valks took first and second.

What can you do? That's why i usually don't enter any "people's choice" shows anymore. Just too BS half the time. i've had the same thing happen with my Valk in shows. It's pretty sweet too. But i've entered it in local shows....where the only thing competing against it was REAL trashed looking Harleys. I mean...stock....no chrome...no nothing....dirty....rusty....trashed. The Valk...all covered with chrome and custom stuff....immaculately clean. Nothing. Zip. same result. It's actually insulting.

But....just about every PROFESSIONAL show i've entered (like Honda Homecoming, where professionals vote with a list they are comparing....people who know their bikes)...in those shows, i've almost always placed.

I don't need to win something at a bike show to know i have some cool dang bikes :wink: And i refuse to be insulted by People's choice voting. When it works out properly, that's cool. but far too often, it's just folks voting for their friends bike, anything but a Honda, etc., etc.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with you both when it comes down to it in almost any show the Harley's will place before any metric no matter how nice :x
I was asked to enter this show being put on for charity http://thunderrolls.org/ kind of a family event I did knowing people always seem to be amazed with the Rune.
The show was judged buy judges and a lot of very nice motorcycles were there too.
You can imagine my surprise winning peoples choice!
We have maybe three or four nice events local here for motorcycles
http://thunderrolls.org/
http://www.bigbikeweekend.com/
http://www.road-shows.com/street_vibrations.htm .
when I was asked by some friends I should enter the Rune again in another show I said I was going to quit wile I'm ahead.
I have had some striping done to my Rune added things and changed some things too I never entered it in any shows before and don't really plan too again.
I know the Rune is a awesome motorcycle and it attracts attention wherever it goes I don't need anymore awards to convince me.
It was fun and I'm proud now its time to ride again :twisted:

Todd
Rune 31

·
Registered
486 Posts
I guess I've been lucky, I've put the dragnn in 6 shows in the last 2 years and gotten 5-1st and 1-2nd in it's class. Two of the 1st were at a HD dealership. The St. Louis metro area has more licensened motorcyclists per capita then anywhere else in the US, and it's very much a HD dominate crowd. Maybe it's the radical graphics? Last show I was put in the Factory Custom class, which was mostly HD's and I got 1st. That was a very sweet victory ! :D
I'm going to enter one more show this year, it's hosted by a Star Riders group (Yamaha). I won best of show last year, might be because they're a metric riding group.
Let's face it, the Rune is in a class of it's own ! It is a trophy! :1st:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I won also!

I just purchased my 2004, Black Cherry Rune two (2) weeks ago off the showroom floor, and this past Sunday, entered it into the Metric Cruiser class following a ride sponsored buy our State Police. Anyway, it was completely stock and I walked away with a great looking trophy for Best in Class "Metric Cruiser".... I love this bike although, coming out from behind a windshield, I've yet to acquire a taste for the bugs I've eaten thus far.... However, I do find the night bugs to be a little less bitter :x

Jeff

Got a pic of bike and trophy but being computer illiterate, I'll be darned if I know how to post it..

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Jeff welcome to the forum and congratulations!
The Rune is a great motorcycle you'll need to get use to the attention it gets and answering all the questions.
It is hard to look Cool when your getting beamed in the face by bugs I ride with a full face Helmet only way to go.
There is a lot of good info here and be sure to post often.
If you can't post your picture I would be glad to for you [email protected]
Ride safe!

Todd
Rune 31

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks Todd for the info and the offer to help! I think I'll take you up on that. I've found a quick run to the gas station ends up being a 45 minute trip as it's tough to ignore all the questions and comments. Not that I mind much yet! I'm still enjoying the attention the Rune brings.... I've seen a ton of info already and the links have really been helpful. I'll send a pic or two and see what you can do to help!

Thanks! Jeff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.