Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I understand, the '05 has a different sticker or something on the back fender? Does anyone have a pictutre of this? I have been wondering what it looks like. My local dealer probably won't get any '05s since his '04 sat on the floor for so long.

·
Registered
665 Posts

The only difference I noted was that the HONDA lettering on the rear fender is raised chrome lettering...to me..it looks cheesy. I looked the rest of the bike over and could see no difference....but then maybe my eye is not all that good... Just like the RUNE lettering on the gas tank..I have grown to appreciate being able to clean without working around stuff.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wonder if the 05's have the "Tool Kit" or if it is still a Canada only piece ?

Even the Pocket Bike I just bought came with a Tool Kit ....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Answers

I have the 05...

No toolkit. The owners manual says "canadian models only" on the page that mentions a toolkit. I asked my dealer about it. He said they must have forgotten to include it or it was lost. That was a couple of months ago and each time I see him he says "it's on order through parts" Ha ha

The lettering on the rear fender is raised. I liked that because I could easily remove it. Now the back fender is completely distraction free. There's also some raised letters on the chrome side covers below the seat. I don't know if the 04 had those. Most people already know this: no handle bar or wheel options. It seems like there was something else I noticed...

Overall it's remarkable how little was changed but then again why change perfection?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not quite, Chuck,

I don't have the Honda decal under my clear coat on my rear fender. You'd have some trouble removing that. :wink:

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Rune Fox.....not quite. Our decal on the rear fender was just that....it was a decal....ON TOP of the paint. It was as easy...or probably even easier ....to remove than your raised letters. Just peel it off. So our rear fenders look exactly like yours....free of any Honda advertising.

Yes, we have that same lettering you do on the side covers.

The only difference in the 05 was the raised letter on the rear fender (verses a decal ON TOP of the fender on the 04s.....BOTH easily removed)....and yours says 05 in the VIN and ours says 04. And yours probably cost you more :wink: :wink: :wink: (since you can get a brand new 04 all day now for about 20,000 out the door....)

Of course the 05s also only had the chrome wheel option and the rear bar. Guess those forward bars weren't too popular! I had them on my Black Rune....swapped them out for rear bars. The wifes Red Rune had the rear bars on it from day one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Really!? My apologies then, Chuck. You're absolutely right, our bikes look the same. I'm not complaining though. It's a sweet ride whether made for 04 or 05.

I did have to pay a pretty penny. Early this year when I was shopping around I had a hard time finding them. NO 04 to be found locally and most dealers were telling me to jump on the one 05 that I did find since they were willing to deal. Around here they seem to be scarce. I still haven't seen a single one that wasn't sitting in a dealer showroom. I called around and got a couple dealers to fight for my business. In the end I paid $2K under sticker and got loads off on a few thousand in accessories. Not as good as what I saw on Ebay and out of state but I wasn't going to deal with trying to register a 49 state model in CA. I'm not disappointed in the least! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts