Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's unfortunant that I have to bring up this topic, but there is an idiot who I occasionally see at bike shows and a few times at Hooters who swears by Harley-Davidson. He has never owned a motorcycle or for that matter ever ridden one , yet he jokingly referred to the/my Rune as "japanese junk". Don't know if you guys have ever experience this sort of (joking) negativity, but I'm very curious to hear if you have. The guy is definitely a jerk and its only a matter of time before I initiate a chance meeting between his head and a whiskey bottle. :evil: Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi,
j had been accepted at harley meetings as the only bike they could accept.

mother of idiots is always pregnant. you are part of a selected group, we love this bile not only for mecanicals solutions but mainly for the design. rune could be at any modern museum.

italy is the country of arts. if j say RUNE is wanderfull bike noother may say hummmmmmmm. (honestly)

ciao. show to the man the middle finger hahahahah
hannibal

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well put Hannibal

Hannibal,

Very well put, I couldn't say it better !

NEED4SPPED,

You didn't mention in Your considerations if the bottle of whiskey should be empty or not - but anyway - what ever You had in mind - that person is not worth it, and in my opinion it´s not even worth Your irritation and aggravation - just ignore him totally, don't look at him, don't talk to him, make no replies when he addresses you ...

It would be throwing pearls for pigs, as we say here in Denmark.

That person isen't worthy any kind of Your attention.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was at a gas station one day by myself and a group of hard core HD riders gathered around me and the rune, a couple of nice paint comments
and then one says" Why and the hell would you put so much money in to
jap crap?" :evil:
I had my VRCC (Valkyrie Rider Cruiser Club) shirt on and it has my handle HOGSLAYER sewn on it. I pointed at my handle and said "My jap crap has chunks of Harleys in it's stool! Let's go run somewhere and I'll show you why!" His buddies busted out laughing and he just stood there with a dumbass look on his face. I got on my bike and smoked the back tire all the way up the road, like a big dog covering up it's crap with dirt!

·
Registered
852 Posts
NEED4SPEED,
I had I guy try his best on two occasions to get me upset with his negative comments about my Rune. I told him he was obviously out of step with the rest of humanity because he is the only one with negative remarks and then I went on and ignored him. I still see him every two weeks when our riding club meets. He ignores me and I ignore him.

Drink the whiskey and throw the bottle in the trash. He isn't worth the aggravation or your attention. Oh by the way, I love your bike. You have great taste. .......Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
So far, so good

I just get the comment -- how much did this custom cost you? In Canada, there are not a lot of customizers so the Rune really stands out.. They are shocked when they read Honda. Can't believe it.. But so far, most have been very curious and civil. And appreciative of the look.. especially the rear fender design.

·
Registered
236 Posts
He has never owned a motorcycle or for that matter ever ridden one , yet he jokingly referred to the/my Rune as "japanese junk".
.... his comments are not worthy of a response. I own some HD / Buell / Suzuki / Kawa / Honda's. They are kind of like ladies , easy to fall in "love" with .... all different ... all have their own personalities ... all are fun to ride ... but if you don't ride ... who cares what you think.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Idiots

After starting my Rune and revving it a bit to let them hear raw power similar to a Formula 1 race car and watch as their eyes open and jaws drop in amazement....I have used the statement " a Fatboy with 2 small pieces of chrome costs more than I paid for this" which would you rather have?" I smile and ride away... now a bit throatier with my exhaust drilled.

There is one guy at work (jealous of course) who doesn't own a bike. He looked at it ..puzzled..said he wasn't sure what to think of it. I told him you either love it or hate it ...He said "I think I hate it"... I said "that makes you a minority... you are the one of 15 in this area"....cuz all the guys that own the Harleys in my work area actually love it...

·
Registered
347 Posts
One day...

Yes one day soon (around early June?) I will be able to share with you French riders appreciation...or not about the bike.
I must say it's start to be very difficult to wait for an always moving target date...but that way I am pretty sure I will appreciate my new toy even more!

·
Registered
665 Posts
New Toy

Jacques
You will be sitting on the EXACT same machine as I have...I saw it in the Honda dealership many times before it shipped... That dealer would not let anyone even sit on it... for sure did not let anyone ride it... polished it frequently.... Put on your sunglasses when you open the crate....its brilliance will hurt your eyes.... :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Let's dream !

THx Rich, I am really looking forward to it. I am ready I do have double coated sun glass....I will let you know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jealousy !! Who cares?

The holeshot, 1/4mile later riding the wonderful Rune and you certainly forget those stupid comments,

Just enjoy !!! The rest does not matter

·
Registered
486 Posts
John DK, Yeah, I have a heavy throttle hand, but I usually don't hammer it from a dead stop. Only when I'm inspired ! :twisted:
People can think what they want, I could give a crap, but if you're going to get in my face and talk shit I'm not going to turn the other cheek !
The idiot mother is always pregnant! They're everywhere !

·
Registered
141 Posts
comments

I see stupid people everywhere....

usually the idiot comments come from from a Hardly-able-son owner with an IQ of friggin banana. These are the die hard " aint no motorcycle but a harley" type. Then he jumps on his oil leaking, potatoe, potatoe sounding bike that has the same motor design from like 100 years ago, and heads back to his trailer park.

Almost all other harley guys and other bikers like the looks of the RUNE.
Harleys are pretty but would never own one.

Thats one thing that amazes me about harley: the minute they stick another piece of chrome on the bike it becomes a new model. They all seem to look alike. I guess thats why they get stolen so much. People dont steal them, they just take the wrong bike home. Well, it looked like mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts