Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, its been over a year and I've heard nothing on an upgraded exhaust system being developed for the Rune. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be willing to spend a few grand for the right look and sound. Do you guys think it'd be worth it to send out letters of inquiry to the major exhaust manufacturers, so they might consider the feasability in developing a system for our bikes? Or have any of you done so yet? Either way, I wanted to say that I'm honored to be a part of R.O.C. (Rune Owners Community).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
NEED4SPEED said:
Well guys, its been over a year and I've heard nothing on an upgraded exhaust system being developed for the Rune. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be willing to spend a few grand for the right look and sound. Do you guys think it'd be worth it to send out letters of inquiry to the major exhaust manufacturers, so they might consider the feasability in developing a system for our bikes? Or have any of you done so yet? Either way, I wanted to say that I'm honored to be a part of R.O.C. (Rune Owners Community).
I think thats a great idea! I would do it. I want more sound
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
What about Dragonpaks?

Months ago on the old board there was discussion regarding DRAGONPAKS, a company our of Ohio that will take your stock exhaust, modify it and return it to you with much more sound. Audio files are available on the internet that demonstrate the new sound quite well. Cost was $500 I believe, plus the cost of removing, shipping, and reinstalling your exhaust. Has anyone done this modification? Are you considering this option? Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
You didn't ask but here it is

I don't think any aftermarket exhaust makers are going to touch the Rune, there aren't enough in the world for them to invest in the R&D $ to make a product that they could sell. An example, many of us complain there ain't no carrying room on the Rune; Corbin created a nice looking (IMHO) extended fender for $3000. I think they sold 2.

I don't know how many of us Rune owners would be willing to shell out $3-5k for exhaust. There are only about 350 members on this forum and not everyone wants louder exhaust.

I think we are on our own. Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
aftermarket accessories

good point and i agree. not likely to see much R&D going on with the limited market available. However, i just gotta disagree about that Corbin "rear fender replacement" offerring to add some storage capacity. I got to see it at the Laughlin Run this year. It was (IM'notso'HO) Butt Ugly!
I certainly understand why they only sold 2. My riding buddy (ratdog) said it looked like Jimmy Durante going backwards. Lots of the products have sold well (seats, sidepanels, etc) but its still such a limited market, that "selling well" is a relative expression.

had to throw in my 2 cents about the corbin fender option... did not mean to offend anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Didn't offend me

I agree that the Corbin rear fender isn't the ideal thing out there but Corbin (I talked to them while they were in development of the Fender) took it on because they realized the bike doesn't offer many stylized solutions for carrying luggage etc. They did try to style the thing with the existing lines of the bike and IMHO did a good job. I'm not one of the 2 (that is only a guess on my part) who bought it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When the snow hits around the end of November, I will pull off off my pipes and send them out to get the Dragonpaks treatment. I guess this is the closest I'll get to having the Porche exhaust note. BTW, I did read somewhere that Porche had some input in the Runes engineering. That's the kind of noise I hope to be making next season. :twisted: Either that or the sound of a throaty small-block Chevy. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,556 Posts
I cancelled my order for the Corbin "Smuggler" rear fender. They took too long to get around to making it.

I bought a large pack at REI in Denver and I wear it. It works perfectly on long trips, ie, my 1,650 mile trip from SC to Colorado (which I am still on right now). You dont need saddlebags, just a pack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
fan of the backpack

I've ridden cross country with a small/medium size backpack and loved it. The weight is carried by t he crown of the seat and it feels great. I like stepping of the bike with all my stuff so I don't have to be alert to theft while my bike is out of sight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
KenCrawleySC said:
I cancelled my order for the Corbin "Smuggler" rear fender. They took too long to get around to making it.

I bought a large pack at REI in Denver and I wear it. It works perfectly on long trips, ie, my 1,650 mile trip from SC to Colorado (which I am still on right now). You dont need saddlebags, just a pack.


Your much better off without the "smuggler". You look like your set up really well. Are you riding on your own? thats a nice ride, enjoy.

Joecey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
NEED4SPEED said:
When the snow hits around the end of November, I will pull off off my pipes and send them out to get the Dragonpaks treatment. I guess this is the closest I'll get to having the Porche exhaust note. BTW, I did read somewhere that Porche had some input in the Runes engineering. That's the kind of noise I hope to be making next season. :twisted: Either that or the sound of a throaty small-block Chevy. 8)
Don't think you could get the sound of a small block chevy V-8 from a flat six. I would think a throater sound on a rune would parenthesis the looks.

Mike
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top