Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has come acrosss forward controls? I'm 6'4" and could use a little extra leg room.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I doubt fwd controls will ever be developed for the Rune by a aftermarket company, the design would have to be radical.
What you might consider is having a custom saddle made with the lower back support area of the saddle moved toward the rear of the bike as much as you need so that your knees would be bent more at a 90degree angle than at a 45 like you're having to ride with now. There have been a few owners have Corbin build them custom seats like this.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Seat

I agree that the solution for big folk is in the seat configuration.... not only moving you back a bit but also up a couple inches might help.

I am a short guy..around 5'8"...I have wondered if a Z shaped footpeg would work for me or if it would put too much pressure on the pivot point of attachment.. The Z would drop an inch or so and be the same configuration as the stock peg...so I would have a one piece upper and lower of the same design.... This would allow me to change my leg position off and on...I find myself on the end of my pegs much of the time... I know this would affect the peg drag but I don't purposely do high speed corners anyway... the bottom portion could even point up a bit .

I am curious also....I probably had it before... but since riding the Rune I have noticed I have a foot problem....sore heels....and arches...and some foot cramps. Plantar Faciatus (or something like that) seems to be what I am describing to people when I explain the pain and muscle cramps. I have wondered if it is my foot position on this bike (hence the need to move my foot around... )..... Anyone else experience a foot problem since riding the Rune....As much as it hurts I will not stop riding... I have found that my steel toed work boots lessen the problem. I need to move my feet around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts