Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me if I make obvious the fact I'm not much of a mechanic but it's bound to happen so I may as well be up front about it. With that said, I'm interested in having the rear turn signal housings removed and having the bike rewired to permit the turn signals to function through the exist rear LED's. I think the rear fender would look much cleaner. Is this possible?? If so, does anyone even want to guesstimate the amount of coin it would take for such a conversion?

How about you, Hogslayer? You've probably forgotten more about wiring than I'll ever know.............................................Thanks.

[/img]http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/507/1912Bad_motor_scooter-thumb.JPG

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would think if you wired in a converter made for truck tailor lights to the main harness and from the converter to the rear led lights it should work.
What do you think?

Todd

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have installed turn signal eliminator on a couple of my bikes. The bikes I have it on both have two rear tail / brake light bulbs. The system uses one of the bulbs as a turn signal. As far as I know the "converter boxes" will not work on a Rune because the LED lights do not draw enough voltage to trigger the converter box. If you go on e-bay and search on "Turn Signal Eliminator" you will see that most list that they do not work with LED's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could also recess new turn signals in the fender and use the existing wiring. I think some mini strobes would be coolbut that may take additional wiring..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts