Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw 5 other Runes from the general public. Rune024 from Texas and DonnaM from Jacksonville from this board.....and three other Runes whose owners were not from this board. Of course, i told them they needed to join us...and told them about the Rune Rally. They all said they'd check out the board...and a couple of them said they would come to the rally! One had a new 2005 (first one i ever saw!)....and he was from TN.

But man, over 20,000 bikes...and i only see 5 other Runes???? Oh, and three more that were at vendors. Pretty cool actually, that they are STILL that unique! I still turned alot of heads....

i lined up another sponsor for the Rune Rally. Cee Bailey is now a sponsor...and will be donating a prize or two. And Des from Ultimate Seats confirmed he will BE AT THE RALLY! Cool............

I saw and heard the new Magnum horns that work on the Rune from RIVCO. REally cool. Sound VERY loud, mount up under the opening in the bottom of the radiator cowling. Out of site...very loud though!! Also saw that ugly Corbin fender in person finally......yikes!

Speaking of Rune stuff....i added a new 'toy' to my Rune and one for SHerry.

See the pics that follow on that...........

Talked to ALL the tire makers. Same old story. not enough market in the Rune to warrant building a new tire for us. bummer. Dunlop says nothing we can do about the front tire cupping....just keep pressures at max and hope for the best. More bummer....

that's all for now....check out Sherry's new clock on the handlebar and my "bat wing" on the old black Rune!

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics of Sherry's new clock

pretty cool....mounts on the handle bar....looks like it came with the bike!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Happy Birthday !

Tim,

Happy birthday ! :hb2: - And next Year it's around the sharp corner of 50, as far as I remember from an old post on the Board. :)

Have a nice day - and thanks for Your work and efforts on getting this Board running :!:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that clock is meant to fit EXACTLY on the handlebar....and then there is a small set screw on the bottom you tighten. It looks like it came that way from the factory! Too cool. Can't remember who makes it...but i have the paperwork at home. I can find out tonight.

Saw two other Runes with that clock installed.....if you saw it....you just about had to buy it.........

Yea....next year today....i'll hit the big "5-0".....

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just looked them up on the Web.....they are made by Clocks4bikes. 40 bucks (i paid 35 at the Hoot). Here is the web site

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/

i'm trying to get one as a prize for the Rune Rally.....

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
affirmative Chuck...one inch. Fits like a GLOVE! And looks just like it was 'molded' on the bars from the factory. I am VERY happy with it. Well...my wife is. It went on her bike :cry:

i might get her the matching thermometer next....just saw where they have that too.

one word of warning. It is such a TIGHT fit...it will ONLY fit in straight areas of the bar. it will NOT fit in a curve. So...you can't put it down by the handlebar clamp...as there is not enough straight bar there. so...the only place i think it will fit....that looks any good...is where you see it mounted in the pics on Sherry's bike. So don't buy one and think you are going to mount it by the handle bar clamp. Some guy at the hoot tried that...and it was a no-go....so he returned it.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Thanks Tim

It looks good just where it is, in your picture. I’m going to order the Clock and Thermometer, with black face.

The two black faced Foromotion gages, I have now, Clock & Thermometer probably will end up in Poland.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's a deal ...

Chuck,

We have a deal ...

- I think it´s a pitty Darek having all Your used stuff ... :lol:

We Danes are used to second hand items at excessive prices (bikes and cars) :lol: :

See, here is what a second hand crap car You can get for what You pay for a Rune with low mileage - actually what I´m trying to lay hands on to my better half for the moment :

It's a VW Lupo (minor to the Polo - You don't have in the US, I think) - Year '00, km 150,000 on the ODO, DKK 109.900 (approx. USD 18,000) - but it runs 33,3 km/ltr on diesel.

The Europeans in east get our old disposed computers and photocopiers ..

Chuck, if I don't like them, perhaps I'll just forward them to Hannibal so he can take care of him self, there should have been 104 degrees in Italy to day...

The package to You will go from here after 5th August - sorry, but it´s not possible sooner ...

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
OK, we will make a trade.

Just don't send that ugly red car!

The following is NOT for John’s eyes.

I can’t believe how dumb John is.
I’m sending him a clock with United States Eastern Daylight Savings Time on it, he’ll never get to work on time again.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Tim,
From the picture of Sherry's handlebar..... she needs her clutch fluid flushed. It looks kinda dark. I like the idea of a thermometer.

While you have the bike up on the lift, why not go ahead and remove the radiator shrouds and flush the cooling system?

Take a look at the service manual and see if you agree with me (while looking at the electrical schematic fold out at the back of the svc manual), that the ECT Sensor could be fooled a bit to make the fans turn on a bit hotter than stock by adding about 250 ohms in series.

Also, the mystery of the TBS throttle position sensor is explained by viewing the same schematic. It is a variable resistor. Perhaps a bad wiper on some of them.

Ken (somewhere above 32,400 miles)

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hers will go in for 12k in about 3000 miles. Dealer does ALL of her maintenance. Bought her one of those extended warranties WITH unlimited 'free' services until bike is 5 years old. they swap out clutch and brake fluid at 12k. i don't think they do radiator fluid until 24k.

I do all my bikes per the book....it's worked VERY well on all my Hondas. i do my own maintenance on my Rune and Valk on the 'minor' tuneups...ie....the 4k and 8k. Taking mine in for 12k TODAY. it has about 13,200 miles on it...so it's over due. to avoid bringing it in more than i have to....i'll let them change out plugs and final drive oil now, even though they aren't due yet. Book says don't swap out final drive oil until 24k! Wow....even i'm going to do that 'early' and go ahead and swap mine out....FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME....at 13k. Plugs due at 16k...but i'm letting them do that now too. and now that bike is 'broke in', as i do with all my Hondas, i'll now switch over to Honda synthetic oil this time.

Given the fact i only ride the bike about 6-7k a year....and given the fact that this engine will no doubt go well over 200k just like all the Valk engines....that means given this maintenance routine, i can expect this engine to go well over 30 years with no significant problems. Thirty years will put me at about 80. Who knows if i'll still be riding then :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts