Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Wednesday, I had my Rune delivered. I left it two weeks ago to have the front tire replaced
and rear set handle bars installed. While that minor procedure was underway I undertook to have a
medical procedure preformed upon myself.

The Rune is fully recovered and I as well will be shortly.

Way back when I placed a deposit on the Rune, I think Jesus was a boy at the time, I ordered chrome rims and pull back bars.
At that time you were lucky to even be able to put down a deposit, so when the dealer said “you’ll get what we give ya” all you
could do was say “thank you very much and can I kiss your ass now or do you want to wait until after lunch?”

So for a year and a half I’ve ridden with forward set bars awaiting the day I had them changed-out.
Today I took a ride and for the life of me I don’t see much difference! I think the total cost was about $375.00(+/-).
I’m selling a kidney so that will defray the cost factor, but knowing what I do now I’m not so sure it was worth it.

While the Rune was in I had Ultimate Machining needles, prongs, spikes and pointy things installed all over.
It is now a lethal weapon; you can put your eye out just by taking a close look!

·
Registered
57 Posts
PULL BACK BARS

chuck
i am 5 foot 6 inches tall (short) and have the forward set bars on my bike
and have never felt uneasy while riding my bike,as a matter of fact i have
this notion that i might have better control of the bike set up this way especialy in the mountain curves. (wish i have done a bit of and it feels great)
although i have never riden a rune set up with the rear set bars,i have sat on one at a dealer showroom and felt that at a stand still the forks were a
bit too heavy and therefore might give me a little problem at low speeds or handling it in the garage.
anyways to me it feels great the way mine is,but let me know if after riding yours for a while if it still does not make a difference.
luis/VALKSHADOW

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could just be me, I’m a giant of a man, almost 5’ 10”.

I got use to the forward set bars and it just may be that I’ve not gotten accustom to the new ones. I do know that when several other owners changed out theirs they raved about the improvement.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I've got the forward set bars and I love the drag position that they have, it still feels comfortable to me sort of a reversed easy chair slouch!
Then again it might be because my last bike had pedals :D , you pump out 100 miles a day in that position and you get used to it.
Jack

·
Registered
256 Posts
Glad 2

See you're up and about Chuck. I'm 5'11" and I've got the rear set bars and I could STILL use about 2 more inches back towards me to be really comfortable. But as it is at least I can now use my back rest. Handling? I didn't notice any differences that I remember.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, valkshadow is a munchkin at 5’6”, I’m a towering 5’ 10” and you come in at colossus 5’ 11”.
What are you doing Dixon, showing off? :a13:

I’m up and about; it was only a hernia and I’ll have the rivets removed on Monday.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You oughta

see me in heels. I'm one tall honey ;-P Hernia? I won't EVEN ask if it had anything to do with your old lady ;-P

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Chuck,
I recommend buying stock in Band-Aid the company. I have Tom's pointy things on my rune and I have needed two transfusions to this POINT. :roll: But they sure make the Rune look GOODER.
Not to show any of you guys up but I TOWER over all of youse :roll: at a whopping 6ft. 1in. :wink: .
Mine came with the rear set bars and the chrome pkg. and I feel more comfortable riding my 98 valk for longer rides.
Good luck to all in the new year :!: :!: :!:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts