Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Can anyone point me where to look for some quality and stylish windshield for the Rune?
It should be as big as possible and transparent.

Thank you for your help!

All the best,
Robin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If big is what you want, WindVest isn't the answer. Look at Memhis Shades or National Cycle options. WindVest mounts to the handlebars, the other two to the upper forks if that matters. Some have also gone with a fairing.

I've had a couple of each of the WindVest, Memphis Shades and National Cycle for my Rune. I like and use the National Cycle, it's the best of them for my situation. I don't care for how the WindVest mounts and it's small, more of a wind deflector vs a windshield. National Cycle gives you size options and removes/installs or can be swapped out for a different size shield in a few seconds without tools.
Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Memphis Shades doesn't list the Valkyrie on its website though.
Not listed probably because the Rune is old and only a very small limited market...so they no longer carry it.?

Memphis Shades Windshield mounting kit for Rune---MEM-2321-0007 or MEM8952---I still have a new in package one on the shelf, one in below link...

Memphis Shades 2321-0007 memphis fats/slim hardware | eBay

Memphis Shades updated their mount design some years back, If Memphis Shades is what you want? Contact them and see what if any mount replaced the MEM-2321-0007 or MEM8952.

Having had three different Memphis Shades Windshields, I prefer the National Cycle hands down. They still list the Rune. The mounts on the National Cycle blend well with the Rune's forks and they can be polished to match the chrome easily---they are Stainless Steel, so they polish up nicely. National Cycle below,

SwitchBlade® Quick-Release Windshields for Metric Cruisers (nationalcycle.com)

Down the page a bit of the above link you will find:
Choose Your Vehicle to View Applications: to the right of that: View Application Chart, click on it: Rune is top of list...

Reactions: Afghanpilot
1 - 10 of 10 Posts