Rune Rider Forums banner
521 - 530 of 530 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
I doubt she'll venture into Canada again until View attachment 21461 signs an open carry bill into law so she can pack all her iron.
Eh.....doubt that's happening any time soon. Their Leader just signed a FREEZE into effect on ALL handguns. Seems ALL handguns....and the people who own them, are evil. Go figure. Me, I'll stay heavily armed and ready for the apocalypse here in the good old South....where we consider "gun control"....to be proper breath control and trigger squeeze..............;)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well I'll be darned! So, back in May I successfully swapped out the ECM & keys on my CBC and got it purring like a kitten once again. However, apparently I didn't get it done soon enough. Whatever Rune bug causes this was passed on to Shala's IB and reared it's ugly head this past weekend while we were 100+ miles from home on the way to the MO State Fair. Ugggghhhhh! On the bright side, the Mr Cycle's website I ordered my parts from earlier this year, now has the Rune ECM for over $100 less than when I ordered mine. Hopefully, their stock is accurate and we get her parts quickly and the swap out goes as planned.

·
Administrator
1,345 Posts
I’m dreading this happening to me. Lucky so far. Perhaps I should just order the parts in advance??

-Ollie

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I’m dreading this happening to me. Lucky so far. Perhaps I should just order the parts in advance??
-Ollie
Makes you wonder, don't it.

Shala's bike has nearly 4000 more miles on it than does mine. My CBC was first put into service in 2004. Her IB was put into service 2008. And they both come down with Big Black Smoke disease within a couple months of each other.

When mine occurred, I was able to aggressively ride the entire day on the Saturday with the rest of the rally riders by keeping the RPM's higher than normal (easy for me since I ride hard normally lol), and the bike ran better up near 70mph than it did at lower, in-town speeds. In 350 miles, it died a couple times.

Shala's bike got her the rest of the way to Sedalia (70+ miles) without too much noticeable discomfort, although she said it was idling a bit rough. Buy the time we made it the 170 miles back home, it wouldn't idle at all, and was coughing and jumping in 5th in the 60-75mph range. I suspect it was fouling plugs as we rode. And although I just finished changing them out earlier this year, I will have to get a new set on order pdq, to be available for when the other parts come in.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Before installing Shala's new ECM Saturday morning, I thought it might be a good idea to actually SEE which code her ECM was displaying. That SOB would not repeat the code for me in the shop. I had her ride it around and come back with the active code lit. When she finally got home with the code lit, she shut if off? lol I then took it around the block, so to speak (our block is over 6 miles around), I was able to get the code to show again. NO BLINKS. SOLID FI LIGHT. NO BLINKING CODE. So, according to the book, no blinking with a lit FI light most likely directs towards a bad ECM anyway, so.......................................
A couple hours later, with the new ECM installed, and with two new keys registered (still not sure why old keys can't be reused with a new ECM), and after allowing it to run on the stand through at least two cycles of the radiator coming on, I took the IB monster to town, filled the tank and took it for a 70+ mile shake down ride.

It seems to be running as smooth as a baby's butt again, and no further code(s) setting.

READY AND WAITING FOR ANOTHER RUNE RALLY TO GO TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
As you know....it was always this time of the year. I was in Ashville, NC for the Ford Performance school last week (what a BLAST that was!). As I rode the Blue Ridge Parkway as part of the school, I thought about all those times we rode it as part of the Rune Rally................

·
Administrator
1,345 Posts
2024 Rune 20th Anniversary & Rally. Teresa & I will be sending information out at a closer date. Location and date TBD.

Reactions: MO Rune Rider

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
2024 Rune 20th Anniversary & Rally. Teresa & I will be sending information out at a closer date. Location and date TBD.
Mountain Home, AR? City of Mountain Home, Arkansas Too many fun roads to ride in a short weekend.
Nose Head Smile Eyebrow Eye

If not, at least give us some hints so we can narrow down the search. 1st person to guess the correct destination wins a brand new.................._(insert prize here). :) JK lol

521 - 530 of 530 Posts