Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have traded their Banjo Bolts out for the chrome pointies, did you have trouble bleeding out the front brakes?
I had no trouble with the Clutch and back brakes but the fronts are kicking my a**, I've bleed them at least 15 times and they are still spongy.
I've even "free flowed" the fluid straight through both sides and there is no blockage or air bubbles (I think).
I guess I'll try another 10 times tomorrow.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

·
Registered
340 Posts
Call me

I've done the banjo bolt swap over myself and there are several tips that help. It's easier to describe to you over the phone then write a long message. 425-503-7734 Cell

Diver Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
I changed out the front brake hose when changing the handlebars to the pullback design. Bleeding the front brake system was a real pain that consumed many hours over 3 days. I even purchased a vacuum bleeder tool and that did not help. I left the cap loose on the reservoir for several days and the fluid finally burbled itself during the 2nd night.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I had mine swapped out at the speed shop that Dynoed my Rune. They had no probems. There are previous posts on this forum about the trials behind bleeding the front brakes. Bottom line: tie the front brake lever down and leave it over nite.
ken (23,400 miles)

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys
I talked to Dave last night and he told me about the tie back trick. It worked great

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Also what helped me was to tap the banjo bolts with your plastic or wood handle of your screw driver,while the brake handle is held or tied. You will see the bubbles float to the top of the reservoir. It was very time consumeing and a P.I.A.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts