Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brake Fuild Leaks-Damages Fender
My rear brake caliper started leaking while I was on the Interstate. The brakes got soft. I inspected them, and found the fluid had blew over the chrome hub, rear wheel, and the rear fender. After going directly to the Honda dealer, the service tech tighting the back tap on the caliper and stopped the leak. He had to bleed the brakes, refill them, and put all the covers back on. The hub gets dark blue from the heat of the muffler. I noticed that brake fluid took the blue off the hud quickly. The service tech then washed the hub, wheel, and fender with soapy water. When I got home and looked closely, the paint had been damaged. Maybe the clear coat was damaged. You can see all the streaks where the fluid had been. I just now thought-maybe the wheel is damaged also. I will go to the Honda dealer, and ask for help on repainting the fender. Be-ware, Brake fluid is bad..........
Larry Anderson #284 865-599-6161

·
Registered
665 Posts
Paint Damage

Not sure how severe your damage appears but before you have it repainted, use some cleaner and polish on it... I thought I had paint damage during the first month I owned the bike.... It wouldn't wash off with soap and water...I found out that the damge was actually spotting which was the result of the soot blowing out of my exhaust... After once over with a cleaner and a polish it looked like new... Probably not the same as your problem but unless the clear coat is visibly melted it may be worth a try....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.