Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, NEED TO ASK A COUPLE QUESTIONS, AS I STATED BEFORE MY RADIATOR TRIM IS BROKEN AND I FEEL IT HAPPENED AT THE DEALER. IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RUNE RADIATOR TRIM YOU WILL SEE A WEAK SPOT BECAUSE IT IS THIN NON REINFORCED PLASTIC WITH A HOLE FOR THE HOSES (REDUCING ITS STRENGTH) AND A BOLT THAT IS NON PROTECTED BY RUBBER RIGHT UNDER THE PLASTIC. IF THERE IS ANY PRESSURE ON THAT PART OF THE PLASTIC IT WILL CRACK. ONE EXAMPLE OF PRESSURE PUT THERE WOULD BE BY DRIVING THE BIKE UP A STEEP RAMP OR FORCING AN OIL BUCKET UNDER IT TO CHANGE THE OIL. THE DEALER IS ASKING ME IF ANYONE IS EXPERIENCING CRACKING LIKE I DID. I FEEL THE CRACKED HAPPENED AT THE DEALERSHIP; HOWEVER, I WAS NOT THERE TO SEE IT HAPPEN. I KINDLY EXPLAINED TO THE DEALERSHIP MY ISSUE AND THEY ASKED ME TO FIND OTHER PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED CRAKING ON THE BOTTON OF THEIR RADIATOR. SO IM ASKING YOU TO SHARE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE IF IT HAPPENED TO YOU OR IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE IT MAY HAVE HAPPENED TO. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU CAN. ALSO MY HANDLE GRIP IS MAKING MY HAND BLACK, HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THAT AS WELL? I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I LOVE MY RUNE. I BUY AND SELL BIKES BECASUE I GET BORED. I THINK IM ON MY 40TH BIKE, ALL CRUISERS NO CROTCH ROCKETS AND UP TO NOW I FAVOR THE RUNE BY FAR. MY FRIENDS ALWAYS ASK MY WHAT MY NEXT BIKE WILL BE AND I CANNOT PROVIDE THEM AN ANSWER BECASUE IM CONTENT WITH MY RUNE. PLEASE PROVIDE ANY INPUT.

·
Registered
692 Posts
j rebuilt the place of two bolts on the inside part, right side down of the radiator cover.
the places are not enought strong and under sized. j suggest that when possible they should be renforced using resin (two componets resin)

still white as j am waiting for the paint stick.

ciao hannibal

·
Registered
378 Posts
I found some great glue for plastics

While I was at the Hoot in 2004 i found a vendor doing some really great work with an activated cyanoacrylic adhesive called Cool Chem. I've used it some plastic parts and it really holds much better than Krazy Glue. It adheres in compression, tension and torsion. Check them out at http://www.coolchem.com and use this ESPN code 4320010 to get reduced pricing.

G

·
Same thing happened on mine. I noticed it right after I had a service done. I took it back and they replaced it under the warranty no questions asked.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe this is to Blame?

I have had my LH side radiator shroud replaced by the Honda dealer. Over here in Australia he just handed me the part and said here you go, so I headed off home to fit it myself.

Upon closer observation in removing the old and fitting up the new, I noticed the stress that small lower bracket puts on the cowl when its bolted up, I now feel that this little bracket is the cause for this fatigue crack during operation of the motorcycle. I have simply removed this bracket all together and the cowl still has plenty of support from other mounting points.

I feel that I will leave this off without any detrimental effects and of course NO cracking of my new cover. I will keep you all posted on the effects leaving this off may have but my ride on the weekend nothing seemed abnormal and the cowl did not move at all while riding.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Madroober said:
There have been some post in the past with the same crack you describe.
I found a post on the Delphi forum you can read.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/valkyrie ... ?msg=121.1
I would ask the dealer to replace it under warranty.
Hope your dealer does the right thing.

Todd
Yeah I remember posting that. Man was I pissed. I at first thought perhaps I had done it because I had just dumped Raven trying to do a two lane Uey after watching Riding Like a Pro...guess who don't? But on closer inspection there no way it ever touched the ground. Honda hemmed and hawed but they replaced it under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts