Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2004 Rune and Love it. I have scheduled a service appt. just to have everything looked over. One thing I notice when the engine is running there is a sound from the front or engine is low whistling or buzzing sound. Is that normal? Has anyone noticed it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Are you new to the flat-six Honda engines? They always have a little bit of a whine from the front of the engine. The GL1500 engine's timing belt whines some. The GL1500 engine used 1 large timing belt and I believe the GL1800 engine uses two.

If you are new to these kinds of engine, that could be it. If you are not, I dunno. These engines are so smooth, you tend to hear every moving part whirring around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buzzing

Obviously this is not normal. The sound possible is coming from the fuel injection. One of the mechanics thinks it a air compression issue. I will have to see if this gets resolved during my service appointment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.