Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2004 Rune and Love it. I have scheduled a service appt. just to have everything looked over. One thing I notice when the engine is running there is a sound from the front or engine is low whistling or buzzing sound. Is that normal? Has anyone noticed it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
are the fans running? You can feel the air at the top of the radiator on each side. It buzzes when they are on.

Otherwise, maybe the whistling noise are your admiring onlookers.

Ken

·
Registered
195 Posts
Are you new to the flat-six Honda engines? They always have a little bit of a whine from the front of the engine. The GL1500 engine's timing belt whines some. The GL1500 engine used 1 large timing belt and I believe the GL1800 engine uses two.

If you are new to these kinds of engine, that could be it. If you are not, I dunno. These engines are so smooth, you tend to hear every moving part whirring around.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
and the Rune has timing chains in the front of the engine on each side.
Perhaps a mechanic's stethoscope session accompanied with the engine diagram from the service manual would be kind of fun to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buzzing

Obviously this is not normal. The sound possible is coming from the fuel injection. One of the mechanics thinks it a air compression issue. I will have to see if this gets resolved during my service appointment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts