Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined in with the VRCC-UK group going to the Valkyrie meet in Germany the other day. The meeting point for the Irish members to join us was about 300 yards from where I live, at a motorway (interstate) service station.
After exchanging pleasantries (it was the first Rune the Irish had seen so they wanted a real good look at it) we all moved off to join the motorway. We hadn't gone fifty feet when a cop car came racing up and pulled alongside the Rune and the following Valk. He was staring so hard at my bike that I was sure he was going to pull me so I stopped at the junction we were approaching. The trouble was that the Valkyrie interstate behind me had his eyes on the cop too and didn't see me pull up. He made an heroic effort to miss me but his fairing hit my handlebars and his cruiser pegs clipped the back of my calve (ouch) and then the back of the came cover. We were both off. The Rune, the interstate, me, the guy and his wife all sprawled out right next to the cop car.
Cory (the interstate rider) in a flash jumps right up and over his wife and the interstate in one go and picks up the Rune. He was wimpering "the only Rune I've ever seen and I had to hit it",
After about 30 seconds of checking the Rune out for damage we suddenly come to our senses and realized we should be checking out his wife, who by now has got herself up and glaring daggers at him. It is possible to think far too highly of a bike!!!
Everyone was fine, the interstate was looking a bit worse for wear though- broken faring, numerous scratches. The Rune got a dented cam cover, scratched exhaust and crash bar.

All in all a great start to a fifteen hundred mile journey. Still, I'm glad I went though, I had a great time. Nice to see Hannibal again as well. Cory and I got to be firm friends, he eventually reckoned that it wasn't his fault and that the Rune looked so good that his Valk just wanted to jump on it and have sex with it there and then. Ah, the Irish and their tall tales.

Oh, and why did the cop come tearing on up to us like that, well just to see the Rune of course. He admitted to one of the lads that he felt real bad, he just wanted to see this amazing bike and that if we hadn't been watching him pull up it wouldn't have happened. Yer thanks a million buddy!

Anyway the final upshot, where's the best place for cheap Rune parts. Cory's paying but I want to save him as much as I can.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Buying the parts new you're going to pay retail because they're limited production and the part(s) are going to have to be ordered from the factory. Finding a used part is a possibility, from a bike that has been down on the pavement unfortunately. FireFit5 just lost his, maybe the valve cover you need is unharmed on his bike, I'd talk with him.
What I don't understand about the collison you described is why your friend was riding on your six/behind you, why he wasn't riding staggered to your left or right. :roll: Sounds like he was deserving of the daggers from his wife. Glad the 3 of you weren't injured badly. :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Hogslayer. I'll PM Firefox.

All in all it was a pretty common type of accident for the UK (except for the cop bit).
Yes we were in saggered formation, in one of two lines of traffic, approaching a type of junction I believe you don't have in the states - a roundabout. He must have been doing about 10mph and was slowly drifting to the left to join the roundabout with one eye on the roundabout traffic and unfortunatly one on the cop. In his minds eye he thought I'd pulled out when he glanced forward and saw me sitting there to the left of him it was too late to correct back to the right. He got close to missing me but he didn't quite make it.
It was his first bump in 23 years. He was pitifully apologetic. I tell you no one was more pi$$ed about his lapse of concentration than he was, including me. :?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Glad to hear You're OK

Runerod,

Glad to hear You're OK,and that all involved in that accident are OK. Luckily You were going at low speed.

If You would accept second hand spare parts, perhaps some guy on the board has bought those custom cam covers produced by Ultimate and willing to sell the stock, perhaps You could check out those posts on the Board doing a search.

BTW : You really have the power of words - when I read your post I could almost see the accident taking place ...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea John, hmmm you've given me an idea maybe I should speak to Ultimate about doing me some fancy covers instead of the OEM ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts